• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op diet.

Paula Garner

I all, I start my pre op diet on Sunday. I'm doing the milk diet. Can I use semi skimmed milk ? Any tips of how to keep it interesting would also be greatly appreciated :)

hi paula not done the milk diet yet, but read somewhere you can have sf jellly made up with milk, also how about nas crusha in milk like a milkshake, or put it into a oxo cube to make a soup like drink, or just ad vanilla essence and sweetner have it warm like a bed time vanilla drink, or add nas crusha to milk and make ice lollies. but check that your allowed theese things before with your doc hune. hope this helps.

I was told only semi skimmed milk! I used milk to make up the jelly I also had marmite made into a hot drink, I was never hungry but it was boring :(

yep you can add it to milk to fortify your milk that way, for milky drinks, or soup must confess am dreading two things more than the actual op and thats the milk diet, and the gastrocope the day before the op. oh and the enemas eek!

It was hard fit me to decide too. Im sure you'll think of something. I had my letter yesterday informing me of my admission time on the 23rd. I have to be in derby at 7am.

That's good at least it will be in the morning. Have you had your pre op assessment yet? Got mine on the 26th x

Yes I'm doing my last slow cooked beef curry tonight. Im going to be careful with what I'm eating in the next couple of weeks though because I could easily put a stone on trying to cram in my last Chinese, last takeaway, last Ben and jerrys etc!! So going to try and lose a bit more weight and eat less to prepare myself for the liver shrinking diet. I will have something nice the night before my liver shrinking diet though :)

That's what I did. I tried to eat as normally as possible and not go mad. I had a steak on Friday, with anya potatoes, steamed veg and peppercorn sauce. Then I had the Brazilian BBQ and a few drinks last night.

I don't think there's any point in gorging yourself, as it will only make the liver shrinkage diet feel ten times worse. I hope you enjoy your curry :)

Back