• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre Op Diet

Klassy-Kaz

I was wondering if anyone can advise me on the reason some consultants have you use the Milk diet, and others ask you to follow a low carb diet, also I was told I had to do it for no longer than 10 days, yet I know people who have been on it over 2 weeks.....Any Ideas as to why the difference. :cool::cool:

I would think it depends on the individual and their weight at the time. If you're very over weight, chances are your liver will be quite enlarged. The milk is diet guaranteed to shrink the liver sufficiently to aid the surgeon.

I would think it depends on the individual and their weight at the time. If you're very over weight, chances are your liver will be quite enlarged. The milk is diet guaranteed to shrink the liver sufficiently to aid the surgeon.
Thank you Chappers, was beginning to think I had got it all wrong lol

My LSD was four weeks pre bypass - four WW soups, four Muller Lights and 500ml of semi a day only. I was one of their smaller clients at 18.5stone. I don't know why I had to do it for so long but I did not argue, stuck to it like glue and my discharge notes described my Liver as "modest". Job done.

Back