• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op infection

rudders

As Some of you might recall I recently had my gallbladder removed (5wks ago) but because it was so inflamed they couldn't do the bypass at the same time.
Well my bypass is now on 10th June but yesterday the wound in my belly button started weeping so I've been put on anti biotics. My pre op is on Tuesday (4th). Do you think I'll be ok for op on 10th?

Antibiotics can work really quickly and efficiently. I hope it's like that on your case x

good luck i hope it clears soon

As Some of you might recall I recently had my gallbladder removed (5wks ago) but because it was so inflamed they couldn't do the bypass at the same time.
Well my bypass is now on 10th June but yesterday the wound in my belly button started weeping so I've been put on anti biotics. My pre op is on Tuesday (4th). Do you think I'll be ok for op on 10th?

I had exactly the same problem after GB removal with my belly button... you'd think they'd realise that the belly button is not the easiest place to keep dry!!! Grrrrr!!!
I was prescribed antibiotics (both tablets & cream) but I was also given some silver dressing pads to cover the wound. Apparently they are infused with silver which aids healing! Fingers crossed it clears up quickly xx

Back