• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op starts today!!! Two weeks till the big day!!!

amysbypass

Today i start my two week slimfast diet!!! I'm am truely very scared now! Went out yesterday and got my legs and eyebrows waxed, had a manicure and pedicure. Bought new scales and a journal to write down my progress. Oh and some new pj's and hospital bag!! Need a few more bits and i'm ready!!! Oh god help me, i'm scared out of my wits already and i'm rambling on, sorry!

Hi amy, i'll be watching your progress. All being well, i should start mine next friday.
They say it's the hardest diet to do (and god we'v done them all, haven't we) but when you feel weak just remember whats at the end of it.
Good luck and keep posting sue.

Wishing you good luck with the pre-opp diet Amy... Those 2 weeks will soon be here. x

;)
Today i start my two week slimfast diet!!! I'm am truely very scared now! Went out yesterday and got my legs and eyebrows waxed, had a manicure and pedicure. Bought new scales and a journal to write down my progress. Oh and some new pj's and hospital bag!! Need a few more bits and i'm ready!!! Oh god help me, i'm scared out of my wits already and i'm rambling on, sorry!

i feel your pain lol!! mine starts next week, still the scrifice is worth it, best of luck with it, you'll be fine

Hi amy, i'll be watching your progress. All being well, i should start mine next friday.
They say it's the hardest diet to do (and god we'v done them all, haven't we) but when you feel weak just remember whats at the end of it.
Good luck and keep posting sue.

as you say, the hardest diet, but it's just for 2 weeks lol!! we all have to do it, and those that have trod the boards before us are still here to tell the tale!!

best of luck girls ;)

Hi Amy good luck with your pre op, ours in 4 weeks long so ur lucky there lol.
Just always remember this is for a very important thing and i small liver means a def surgery and 2 weeks on slimfast is so worth it, what hospital are u under.
Hope u have a good day hun take care xxxx

Good Luck on your pre op, I started mine a bit early, I only needed to be on it 10 days but 3 days in already and 10 days till op lol, glutton for punishment.:rolleyes:

I think the hardest thing about the pre op is nto what we are eating but the fact that we HAVE to do it or there is a possiblity of no op. Well thats the hardest bit for me. :)

You will be fine theres loads of support on here to help you along.

Thanks everyone! Still bricking it though!
Roch, i am at the whittington like you. You can do the slimfast two week one if you want. They just don't tell you about it. I only knew about through another patient and had to phone lucy the dietitian when i went for my pre op assessment and ask her if i could do it. She said yes, asked why i wanted it and then i met her to get the diet sheet for it. So to cut a long story short, you can do two weeks too if you want!!!

Hiya i'm due to have my op on Monday so just 3 days left of my pre op diet, like you i was dreading it but in fact it's been the easiest diet i ever done(& i've done them all)cos i know there's a great big prize at the end of it ;););)
Good luck & keep remembering this is the start of healthy,slim new life Yippee:D:D:D

You'll be fine, just think of what the new you is going to look like, how exciting!

Good luck on the slimfast diet, I hated it on my liquid post op diet but needs must!

All the best

Kate x

Fantastic Whoop Whoop. You will be fine, it will be over before you think and then its happy days xxx

Good for you! I did slimfast a bit on mine too and didn't find it too bad - the time will fly by and you will be in your glamorous surgical stockings before you know it!!!!

I start mine on Wednesday. Going to get in the slimfast this weekend, go to Newcastle market for fresh fruit, and asda for my 200 calorie soups :) I reckon it will be easy because I know there a great end result.

xxx

hi good luck i am not far behind you start wed. I am really dreading it more than op i think stupid init.
keep us informed of how you getting on fingers crossed.

Thanks everyone! Still bricking it though!
Roch, i am at the whittington like you. You can do the slimfast two week one if you want. They just don't tell you about it. I only knew about through another patient and had to phone lucy the dietitian when i went for my pre op assessment and ask her if i could do it. She said yes, asked why i wanted it and then i met her to get the diet sheet for it. So to cut a long story short, you can do two weeks too if you want!!!

Hi Amy,i do remember Lucy mentioning it at the info meeting but thought it was for a month, did not realise it was for 2 weeks.
Hun how long was it from ur first info meeting till ur op was it a smooth journey for you or did u have to go through lots of hoops first.
Soz for the questions hun have a fab day and am sure these 2 weeks will fly by xxxx

Thanks everyone once again! I am completely starving and its only day two of this pre op diet! I know i will soon get used to it though. Just wish that would happen sooner rather than later.
Roch, i had my education session last november and my op is on 21st of this month. So that means 9 months wait and yes i had a lot of hiccups along the way!

Back