• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre op today

paddyp

Well I'm leaving shortly for my pre op in Taunton. I'm so nervous even though I know that I have done all they have asked on me, but still keep thinking i'll get there and they'll find a reason not to operate. I have a really large hernia and have told everyone at every stage but am worrying the surgeon will say it's too big blah blah.

Anyway, this feels like the final hurdle so I'm just hopeful that I sail through. After the pre op how long is it until the op usually?

Hope the pre op went well x

My surgeon said when he did my consent form on the day if he found a hernia he would repair it so they should be able to do both at same time? Hope it went well x

Thanks all. All went well, had lost more weight since last assessment so that was a positive. Taunton are undertaking a trial by/band study where you are randomly selected for either a band or a bypass. I don't want to take part though as I have such a lot of weight to lose and I feel from my own research that the bypass is best. Now just got to wait for a date.

Good luck Paddy, Hope all goes well x

Glad all went well with ur pre-op now the waiting begins.............hope its not to long for you. xx

Back