• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre Operative Bariatric Service

BASolo

I spoke to my GP about 2 weeks ago regarding my weight and surgery options as I have tried so many diets, pills and groups. I received a letter today for a pre operative bariatric service from Homerton University Hospital. Apparently I'll get a call within the next 10 days for an appointment date via phone/video. I'm shocked it has come through so quickly especially with everything going on in the world at the moment. What will happen next? Xx

I spoke to my GP about 2 weeks ago regarding my weight and surgery options as I have tried so many diets, pills and groups. I received a letter today for a pre operative bariatric service from Homerton University Hospital. Apparently I'll get a call within the next 10 days for an appointment date via phone/video. I'm shocked it has come through so quickly especially with everything going on in the world at the moment. What will happen next? Xx
Welcome and good luck, it difficult to say what happens next as each trust is different and the journey changes so often, personally my assessment took 22 months from start to surgery which was a bit longer than a lot of people but my BMI was lower so I had to be assessed for longer, nevertheless time flew by. Generally you will have to be seen regularly by a dietitian and jump through lots of hoops, it’s all worth it though.
my advice would be to please please research as much as you possibly can, wls is absolutely NOT the easy option or the magic wand, it is by far the hardest “diet” I have ever done, it’s not a diet so I shouldn’t use that phrase but I wanted to try to get my point across....ITS HARD, it’s a lifestyle change but the surgery dies not switch the brain off so head hunger is very real.
however I would recommend it in a heartbeat just be sure you research
good luck, keep in touch
ince you’ve hit 100 posts you’ll be able to access a lot of the newer diary’s (including mine) which are in the bronze section of the website, however there are plenty of good diaries which a not in the bronze section that you will be able to access x

Welcome and good luck, it difficult to say what happens next as each trust is different and the journey changes so often, personally my assessment took 22 months from start to surgery which was a bit longer than a lot of people but my BMI was lower so I had to be assessed for longer, nevertheless time flew by. Generally you will have to be seen regularly by a dietitian and jump through lots of hoops, it’s all worth it though.
my advice would be to please please research as much as you possibly can, wls is absolutely NOT the easy option or the magic wand, it is by far the hardest “diet” I have ever done, it’s not a diet so I shouldn’t use that phrase but I wanted to try to get my point across....ITS HARD, it’s a lifestyle change but the surgery dies not switch the brain off so head hunger is very real.
however I would recommend it in a heartbeat just be sure you research
good luck, keep in touch
ince you’ve hit 100 posts you’ll be able to access a lot of the newer diary’s (including mine) which are in the bronze section of the website, however there are plenty of good diaries which a not in the bronze section that you will be able to access x
Thank you! I have done several months worth of research and I continue doing it now. I know they wait can be long but I want to start the ball rolling quicker lol. I've done research on the types of procedures and the diet to follow surgery. I am curious to know what will happen in the appointment xx

Thank you! I have done several months worth of research and I continue doing it now. I know they wait can be long but I want to start the ball rolling quicker lol. I've done research on the types of procedures and the diet to follow surgery. I am curious to know what will happen in the appointment xx
Tbh at Luton the appointments were mostly with the dieticians where we were weighed, the appointment with the surgeon was straight forward he asked which procedure I would like but this was dictated by my reflux, I had a gastroscopy, ecg, blood tests and the MDT was information from the bariatr nurse, psychologist and dieticia, most of what was said there I already knew from my research but it was a good opp to ask questions and hear what questions other patients had, xx

Back