• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre opper pontefract west Yorkshire

eeyore1979

It's been a long journey I started all this in July 2010 when I was referred by my gp I got my funding pretty much straight away everything was going great met dr white at dewsbury got a date fore my op June 2011 started the pre op diet then I met the dietician and she decided that because I hadn't tried xenical prescribed by my doctor I couldn't have it !!! So I go on to the tablets and then all the system changes in mid Yorkshire and I had to start from scratch they had a few teething problems one lady said I had lost my chance and I couldn't go any further I was absolutely heartbroken :cry: but then like a ray of light I got another letter to go and meet dr raj and I could start it all over :D so I met with the dietician at Wakefield really nice lost my 5% :eek: then met with dr raj again last week and had lost enough fir him to say if I still wanted it I could :sigh::D:eek::) to say I was happy is an understatement I now have to wait for an appointment at a seminar ??? (anyone know what this is ??) and then I'll meet the surgeon again then pre op then surgery!!!! Still undecided wether to go bypass or sleeve I have mild sleep apnoea and family history of diabetes so these are my an medical concerns (any guidance) so now it's just a bit more waiting , anyone else under mid Yorkshire would b nice to hear ur experiences thanks for listening sorry to ramble x

Greetings and welcome to the site :) I can't give you any guidance for your area as I am down south! Hopefully someone else will be along soon and can help out with your queries. Sounds like you are getting there finally though! x

What a nightmare time for you. I'm thrilled it looks like its all systems go now xx

Hi eeyore I'm also in the Wakefield area. The seminar is at dewsbury hospital you sit in a room with a group of pre open patents and they show you videos of the surgery. You get to meet the bariatric nurse, dietician and psychologist. After the seminar as finished they asked everyone to go for a blood test to check for h.pylori (a stomach bug). We were also given another appointment to meet with the nurse and dietician again. We were also given the telephone number to book the appointment with the psychologist. I have attended the seminar, had the nurse and dietician appointment and got my phyc appointment 2nd April. Once I have spoke to the psychologist my appointment will be made to see the surgeon at the point I will be given a date. Hope that helps x

Last edited:
Hiya eeyore and pinkprincess! Don't know if you're still visiting this site but I'm also in Pontefract area and about to have my very first apt since GP referral. If you're still here how did you find the process please? :)

Hello and welcome!

Pinkprincess that is invaluable, I am now awaiting that appointment with the bariatric nurse and consultant, at least I know what to expect.

Back