• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Prescription Subscription

Vonone

Hi, can I ask your views on what long term multi vits, calcium & iron everyone is on and whether you have pre paid for them. Also does anyone have vit B12 injections? I am seeing GP tomorrow morning and want to discuss these issues, see what he is prepared to prescribe and whether to apply for prepaid scripts. I do have a couple of other meds but just for migraine and asthma, but hoping that wls wil eliminate the need for these (well reduce) xx

I am prescribed -

Forceval multivitamin (1 daily)
Calcichew (2 daily)
Iron supplement (ferrous fumerate sugar free syrup is best post bypass)
B12 injections (every 3 months).

I have also been prescribed zinc and selenium for the first 6 months post op.

I have a pre payment certificate as I also take about 15 other meds.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Hi, can I ask your views on what long term multi vits, calcium & iron everyone is on and whether you have pre paid for them. Also does anyone have vit B12 injections? I am seeing GP tomorrow morning and want to discuss these issues, see what he is prepared to prescribe and whether to apply for prepaid scripts. I do have a couple of other meds but just for migraine and asthma, but hoping that wls wil eliminate the need for these (well reduce) xx

No sure if losing weight will help with migraines hun but it did help me with my asthma. As a cancer patient I'm lucky enough to get free prescriptions but if I had to pay I'd get the pre pay cards like Shellbell they save you a packet. Also don't be shy about asking for two months supply rather than one so you can build a little stash of them.

Forceval is the only multivit that gives you all you need and no other should be considered so make sure your GP lets you have them.

Calcichew (2 daily) is a standard calcium supplement, and I take ferrous sulphate variant iron tablets. I also take a Proton pump inhibitor Lansoprazole each day and have the B12 injections

Post op supplementation is for life and a vital part of your future health care so get the best you can x

Hi

At the moment the only wls related medication I take is the Forceval multivitamin, I do still take other meds for other problems and have stopped some post surgery, I no longer have COPD, no longer have Acid Reflux, no longer have Sleep Aponea.

I still take Amytriptiline for nerve damage, I still take Statins, because everyone over 50 should take them, I still take an anti clotting agent, because I once had a small stroke, I also use Morphine patches for arthritis pain but I am already on a lower dose than I was pre surgery, I also take something for an enlarged prostat, the joys of being over 50 I am told and finally my GP wanted to keep me on a lower dose of Metformin so I am still classed as diabetic so fortunately I get all the above free. If I didn't I would definitely get one of the pre-paid certificates.

Paul

Forgot the lanzaprazole, cheers Karl ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

GP is prescribing every thing I have asked for including soluble paracetamol that I didn't ask for. Even gave me direct line for district nurse in case i have wound complications and need someone to pop round - hopefully wont need them. Only a week to go now, felt weak at work, no food getting to me a bit so had milky coffee - new woman. Thank you for all your comments, defo getting prepaid prescription for the year x

i get my bypass on thursday does anyone think i should go to my doctors beforehand and stock up on vitamins for after x

holliepop said:
i get my bypass on thursday does anyone think i should go to my doctors beforehand and stock up on vitamins for after x

When I had my bypass done,when discharged I was given a letter for gps for all vitamins etc needed,on discharge you should get painkillers and injections you need for after from the nurses at hospital.

You don't need to stock pile medications people!! - Karlos you are such a bad boy! This is why we are no longer allowed to prescribe 3 or 6 months at a time as so many people were stock piling and costing millions in wastage, so now very annoyingly for the patients, and us who sign the scripts it's all gone to months prescribing. Always the rebel that Karlos! LOL x

Defiantly recommend pre paid prescription subscription. Saved me a fortune.

Yes i use a prepayment because i have allergy related asthma, the vitamins the doc has never offered on script have bought them, my b12 injections the nurse does, so they cost nothing, i get iron tablets on script no poitn in buying them if i can get with other meds, if i'm inbetween scripts i buy them they are cheap enough, i have lansoprazole and adcal also on prescription and for the first 6month had anti gall stone tablet. I try and work out what scripts i will need and make the 1/4 prepayment work for me if. Try and work it so that i only need 3 a year stead of 4. Have an app. on Wed so will see if anything is going to change on tablet front. xx

I gave my list to GP which he has already prescribed so that I can collect pre op - what a star. They are on monthly repeat, so will have to get into habit of ordering and collecting. Did prepaid scripts as well, tried and failed on line, rang up and backdated to when I saw the GP. Let's hope I am this organised post op. packing bag tomorrow. Friend commented this am, said I had lost so much weight I don't need op - that would be true if I never ate again, one can only take so much jelly &bovril xx

I gave my list to GP which he has already prescribed so that I can collect pre op - what a star. They are on monthly repeat, so will have to get into habit of ordering and collecting. Did prepaid scripts as well, tried and failed on line, rang up and backdated to when I saw the GP. Let's hope I am this organised post op. packing bag tomorrow. Friend commented this am, said I had lost so much weight I don't need op - that would be true if I never ate again, one can only take so much jelly &bovril xx

yeah my bags neally done we,ll be going through it on the same day x

Back