• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post Op Dietry Questions

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
oh yes it is ignore me im stupid :rolleyes:

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group

sewingbelle56

what is a portion size for bypassers

hi i was wondering if any one has the time to photo an average plate that they would eat and post them back as i am really stuggling to eat and 8 wks post op now dietician said its ok to be slower but i am currious as to what i could expect.
i seam to manage single items but not mixed and never more than 3-4 tablespoons.
dont get me wrong i am delighted at the weight loss but concerned i am not getting enough in and i dont like the protein shakes etc
got to nip out for an hour but will be back on later sewingbelle

fairyringuk

free your spirit
Hi sewingbeller I am not post op but I remember there was another thread similar to this several weeks ago and Liz posted photos of her plate as did others. They were mostly between the size of a side plate and a small dinner plate
I am sure they will post again for you when they see your post.
Well done on your weight loss and hope you get things sorted out soon

Jay xx

tpt

Uber geek
Flipping heck!! 4 TABLESPOONS!!!! I am nigh on 11 weeks post op and can barely manage 4 desertspoons!!! Usually about 1/3 of a tea plate. The minute I get a signal, I stop because if I keep going I get the 'ate too much' pain. Have to say it's probably me in the wrong here as opposed to the norm so don't panic!

Lisa J

CRYSTAL PALACE FC!
i think 4 tablespoon is fine at 8 weeks and it definatley depends on what your eating, i could eat quite abit of mash and gravy etc but could only manage about 2 teaspoons of mince. what foods are you eating? i couldnt go onto solids until 12wks.

sewingbelle56

about 1 tea spoon of mince, 2-3 mash or veg table spoon (next size up in spoons not a massive serving spoon)
if i am having a ready meal i barely eat half of it in the day (3 meals)
i can manage about 3/4 of a weetabix for breakfast

rosejohnson

Home from the USA :-(
For me it depends on the food. I can have about 4 spoonfulls usually (not tablespoons tho), unless it's mince or soup, then I can bit a lot more. I am only 5 weeks post op.

And for some reason 4 times this week I have grossly misjudged and ended up being sick cos I have eaten to much, not pleasant at all :-(

Good luck sounds like you are doing ok to me.

Rx

phatmomma

Oh for the bliss of eating four spoons of food and being full...bring it on!

Rebirth

Oh Sewingbelle, I wish I had some advice for you, but I haven't. Just wanted to say hi and hope that some of the others will be able to help you.

love

Rebirth

Lisa J

CRYSTAL PALACE FC!
i think your doing fine, my intake really increased at around 16wks but were all different. stop worrying and carry on as you are, your doing great!

bypass.sarah

hello honey what your eating is fine, 4/5 teaspoons is fine at this stage,as time goes over it'll get better 6/7 teaspoons and so on by 6/7 month out i could happly eat 3/4 of a tea plate.im now one year out i have a tea plate full now (about the amount you would give a7year old) and that is a good amount for me everyone is diffrent,your doing great honey dont worry you'll find whats right for you in time x x x x x x x x

wannabeslimagain

saying goodbye to my fat
Haha, that's about the amount I spill down my front! I can't wait to see my feet!
ha ha ha what are we like we must sound like a load of food grabbing messy eating animals dont we lol i forgot what my feet look like too hee hee;)

Laura.

I can now eat one slice of wholewheat toast and 2 Tablespoons of beans for my main meal, it takes me a while but I feel nice and satisfied after eating and it keeps me full for a long time, I hope this helps.
Mind you if it is anything meaty or fishy I can only manage 2 mouthfuls and I sometimes find myself uncomfortably full for hours afterwards so to be honest I'm still struggling with "dense" foods especially chicken which is still a no go as I am always sick 4 months post op.
I have found Quorn an amazing source of protein/low fat and easy to digest, it can really make you fart lots though:eek:!

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
Hi Angela
I seem to vary with my days some days i eat more than others, i only eat half a ready meal too and have just introduced crackers and going to try toast soon. I was told it evens out once you get on a fully solid diet so to speak and Jenni suggested reducing the moisture content in my food a bit at a time so don't know if that might help. You looked great when i saw you x

leedsjeff

im a little worrid now im eating far more caneat dish of stew but saw surgen last night and he said im doing fine six weeks post by-pass and have lost 3 stone jeff