• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

printer help

lardass

I have got a dell a920 all-in-one printer and the cartridges are an arm and a leg to buy.

Any suggestions of somewhere cheap to get them or should i consider a new printer if so what one is a good one.

Hiya Dawn

I purchase loads of Dell kit every year.

I buy there laptops, servers and pc's and they are excellent.

BUT! I don't buy their inkjets as the consumables are waaaaaaay too pricey.

So my advice is get something like a Lexmark where you can easily get cheap copy cartridges at a fraction of the cost.

M.

What model there is so many out there, and i don't know the right questions to ask in a shop and tend to get stitched up..

I print loads of stuff off in black and white for kids colouring etc and letters for myself. I quite like having the scanner/copier as i haven't got access to a photocopier now i dont work, and i like to dabble with some photos but was never very pleased with the pictures i did on dell printer

Hi Dawn i have HP photosmart 7450 and i refill it myself i can usually refill it around 10 times b4 i am not longer able to refill then i have to buy a new cartridge and start again xx

Yes the pickies will be fine but I would use Bonuspix as much cheaper than printing your own pictures regardless of however cheap the cartridges are.

And because it is Lexmark everyone copies their cartridges so they tend to be cheap.

Sorry mike will leave you alone in a minute. When you say everyone copies them how do you know which to use, i did a quick search on cartridges for x3480 and nothing came up.

The cartridges are the standard Lexmark Number 2 Black and Number 2 Colour Cart.

M.

Counting down the minutes LMAO!

M.

One more question you may be able to answer, the other day my son aged 4 managed to turn my screen upside down (and i don't mean physically) and the only wat i could get it back was to restore to the previous day.

Any ideas ?????

Strange

Must be a shortcut key on your graphics card that rotates the screen.

What graphics card have you got?

M.

LMAO!

Well at least it works now!

M.

Yes but it took about 1 hour as i had to go up with the mouse to go left, down for right, left for up etc and i had to read it sideways, and i may be the only person that does this but leaning with the mouse helps it along (not)

Back