• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Problems ?????

laurawls

I was banded February 2014 and have had nothing but problems since. I have had severe abdominal pain since April 2014 and last year found out I had severe gastritis which has eroded my stomach lining.
Was on medication but has made no difference I am schedules for another endoscopy on 22nd March to find out what's going on.
As well as this every time I eat my food feels stuck. I have no fluid in my band at all but still have this feeling. This is also being investigated on 22nd.

Has anyone else had any of these symptoms or problems with the band?

Monalisa

Hi Laura
Sorry to hear you are having problems I too had a lot of problems with my band although not really the same symptoms you can read my story at the beginning of my diary if you want to but what I will say is that my endoscopy didn't indicate any band problems it wasn't until quite some time later that I managed to get a barium X-ray which showed it up and the delayed time Inbetween resulted in it being too late to save my band too much damage had been done so I just wanted you to be aware and if you haven't Had an X-ray I'd advise it asap. Good luck X

laurawls

I've never had a chance to use my band as it went in Feb and problems started in April :(
I think the band is coming out anyway :(

I'll have a look at your diary. What was wrong with your band x

Monalisa

Awh what a shame I had endless reflux problems a pouch which resulted in a slip I then had it repositioned but then had reflux due to oesophagul dilation I went through three years of hell but I had lost six stone prior to the problems akthough I put over half back on when it went wrong I've just had it removed on 21st Jan and converted to a sleeve so far so good touch wood have you any help from your provider? Xx

laurawls

Oh goodness you've had a time of it too :(
No help from provider as they went into liquidation 3 months after I was banded ?? xx

Monalisa

Jesus were you with the wls group I thought they'd offered alternative aftercare in the end? I managed to get NHS help as they classed it as A medical necessity although it would only cover me as far as band removal I had to pay again for the revision as in my area the bmi was still 40 plus for conversion to a dif surgery have you managed to get any help what are you thinking of doing? Xx

Last edited:

Caroline jess

My problems were very similar to Monalisa, banded 2007, ongoing reflux issues for years. Converted to mini bypass 12 months ago, life is so much better!

Monalisa

But I did have to pay privately for both ops

Hi Caroline
Nice to know I'm not the only one who's paid out for two ops and that you are further on than me and think,it was the right decision cos it's hard in a way to justify isn't it and I've kind of felt why me I've had three ops altogether hoping this is the last X