• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PROTEIN

BlueDiamond

Hiya Guys and Gals

I thought I would post something I came across today especially if your like me and can't eat a gr8 deal. I got some British Beef Burgers topped with Gruyere cheese out of Marks and Spencers ( I ate 75% of one burger) and I was quite surprised when I put the details in to my fitness pal profile and found it to contain 24 grams of protein, 300 calories. I am not normally a lover of burgers ( can't be doing wiv any burger chains at all, cant stand them in fact) hope no one minds me sharing this info as I know some people have trouble getting the protein in so that's why I thought about starting this thread. Enjoy the rest of your day - MeJulie xxx

Sounds good, but most shop bought burgers are high in sugar and fat which is not so good for bypassers. :jelous:

Julie

What about some low fat steak mince, with onions, a little wholemeal breadcrumbs, seasoning to taste and a fresh egg to bind mixed and moulded into a patty and dry fried or grilled. Best of both worlds a decent cut of meat with wholesome ingredients so you know exactly what's gone into them & they're as healthy ad possible.
Great thread ladies whatever you try.

yea u could still have burgers butmake them urself, extra lean mince onions seasoning, i made some the other day n added some chilli powder, yum yum was quite nice x

If you buy good quality burgers and grill them they are not too bad a choice. It's the crap they bung on them that makes the fast food chain burgers a poor choice not the actual burger. I eat the lean burgers from Sainsbury's and those Jamie Oliver ones though expensive are chuffin delicious, but more often than not I don't eat the bun, just the burger and cheese.

There are far worse things I see post op peeps posting about eating on here

Dont delete this thread Julie its trurned out to be very useful, thanks xx

Back