• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

psoriasis and wls

rambo

leicester tigers
hi all,, as a sufferer of psoriasis my question is to. all who have had there wls and if they to suffer from psoriasis have you noticed any marked inprovement in the condition since your surgery and change in eating habits and the food you now eat compared to pre surgery,, i know when i lost 7 stone on slimfast mine cleared up tremendously well but as the weight went back on so returned the psoriasis, so can any one help ?
regards rambo

I have scalp psoriasis and 2 months post bypass in it's exactly the same.
HTH
yoyo

Hi Rambo
What cream do you use because I have Eczema and I`v tried all different creams and the only thing that works for me is Eucerin intensive 10% w/w urea treatment lotion and cream . I buy it from Boots you can get shampoo and body wash . But you can`t get it from the Doctors . But it is very good . Sorry I can`t tell you about the surgery side because I haven`t had mine yet . Good luck and take care.
MARGARET XX

hi margaret
have used loads of creams they are a real pain i hate being plastered in creams day in and day out they make you feel so greased up and when it is all over your body it take forever to get rubbed down lol just wish there was a pill lol well actualy there is but my doc is reluctant to give it as it can have some adverse side affects i,m useing dovnabate at the moment its like lard on the skin horrible stuff but we all have our cross to bare lol
take care regards steve

Hi Steve
I put it on at night or if I`m not going out it is greasy but I don't mind if it clears it up . I get it on my face an awful lot and its very itchy and red but thank God that cream is very good . I think I got it because I have depression and the tablets I`m on give it to me . Have you tried sun beds because my niece has it and that clears it for her . Good luck and take care hun .
MARGARET XX

Hello rambo, as a scaly-monster myself I've not noticed any improvement sorry. pregnancy has helped though :)

Word of warning - 3 of my 5 keyhole scars have developed psoriasis on the top of them, which came as a suprise.

hi shelbell
that typical of this complaint, but as most of my stomach is already affected i dont think i will have that worry lol i supose wil will just have to grin and bare it as usual and keep applying the cream,,
congratulations on the baby, may i wish you all the best for the future
regards steve

Back