• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Puree Diet

Samsara

Hi - can anyone post a link to a thread here with a really useful example of a puree diet please - what someone ate rather than any official medical blurb? This section is so sparse! I've tried a search but it's too random.

Failing that, could you just list here a couple of days example for you? :eek: Thank you kindly x x x

When I was on purée stage I used to eat the things listed below.

Mash with cheese parley sauce or gravy, puréed Sunday dinner, puréed bolognaise/chilli, puréed casseroles, puréed fish in butter sauce. Basically you can eat anything you can pulverise with a blender. If your concerned about lumps, just pass it through a sieve after blending :)

I used to buy M&S children's meals and purée those, usually with a bit of added gravy. Quick and easy to do, and saved cooking such diddy portions!

That's a good idea Pooh71 - will do the same next week when I start my purée phase. Was trying to plan what to eat, but this makes it far less stressful! Thanks

Shepherds pie blended is nice! I sickened myself of cauliflower cheese. Bolognase is nice also just not with the pasta!

Thanks guys. Did you sieve out lumpy bits post blend? I made some chilli and bolognese which I wouldn't mind tasting! x x

No I didn't sieve anything. Just make sure there's no big lumps of meat, ie if its steak, or if its fresh soup, no big lumps of ham. They all purée down. It's still got a texture just not chewy lumps. You can loosen the mixture too with gravy or milk. I used to have it sort of loose porridge consistency.

That's a good idea Pooh71 - will do the same next week when I start my purée phase. Was trying to plan what to eat, but this makes it far less stressful! Thanks

No problem Beth. I found them a godsend with added gravy ( or milk for the fish pie) so I had them for lunch and dinner, then porridge or weetabix for breakfast. They also do small adult meals at m&s for one, like mini roast dinners, also had those, still do, but not puréed! x

Cat food stage...... Bleuuuggghhhh

Am going to extend the soup stage and have the really well chewed fish stage a couple of days earlier ( checked out with dietician & surgeon ) next time round.

'Don't go giving me evils' springs to mind :eek:

Roast meat blended with thick homemade gravy was gorgeous. Also chunky soups well blended are easy and tasty. You can try adding cheese to food to give it a bit of a boost.

I have recorded every single thing that has passed my lips since the beginning of the pre lp diet. So looking back through my book, here is a day from my second week.

B weetabix with lots of milk.
S yogurt
L chilli beef soup blended with lf sour cream and cheddar on the side.
S 1/2 milk highlights drink.
D roast pork blended in gravy with homemade apple sauce on the side.

Roast meat blended with thick homemade gravy was gorgeous. Also chunky soups well blended are easy and tasty. You can try adding cheese to food to give it a bit of a boost.

I have recorded every single thing that has passed my lips since the beginning of the pre lp diet. So looking back through my book, here is a day from my second week.

B weetabix with lots of milk.
S yogurt
L chilli beef soup blended with lf sour cream and cheddar on the side.
S 1/2 milk highlights drink.
D roast pork blended in gravy with homemade apple sauce on the side.

Thank you so much - did you note your quantities? Did you do 3 - 4 dessert spoons of each? Plus 2 litres of fluid on top and left 30 minutes each side fluid-free. This is going to be fun ;) x x

Normal food put through a blender was too much like baby food for me except for soups which I ate quite a bit. I also made cottage pie but after cooking the mince whizzed it before adding the mashed potato cooking, I made enough to fill 6 ramekins which sat in the fridge and then I could just microwave them when needed.

Normal food put through a blender was too much like baby food for me except for soups which I ate quite a bit. I also made cottage pie but after cooking the mince whizzed it before adding the mashed potato cooking, I made enough to fill 6 ramekins which sat in the fridge and then I could just microwave them when needed.

Did you then thin them down further and sieve out bits? i.e. add milk to mash and more liquid (stock?) to your cottage pie? I don't want to be sick the first time I try so want to get it as right as I can. Otherwise it's back to liquids for moi!

Hi I was fine with a few lumps. My hand held blender was great and I used gravy a lot. It doesn't last long this stage. I didn't mind it!

Did you then thin them down further and sieve out bits? i.e. add milk to mash and more liquid (stock?) to your cottage pie? I don't want to be sick the first time I try so want to get it as right as I can. Otherwise it's back to liquids for moi!
Made the mash quite soft with milk,sadly no butter! The meat part I actually kept quite stiff and I had no problems. I also made a pâté with smoked mackerel and low fat cream cheese which was also quite stiff. I didn't sieve anything as I'd done enough of that on the two weeks of liquid!

With things like soup I could have about half a can as they are thin and are sliders. With pureed meet it was about 50g. Everyone is so different, you will have to do a bit of trail and error to find what quantities and consistencies work for you.

Back