• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Starting pre op diet tomorrow :-(

Trini_Divine

Back again!
Hi everyone! I'm Sacha. Like most, I've been struggling for years, tried almost every diet & pill out there. You can see from my profile that I joined here in 2007. I was on Lighterlife and then The Cambridge Diet at that time, just one of many "diets" I've tried... they worked but I couldn't stick to them. The amount of water and the headaches from the carb withdrawal as a migraine sufferer was just not worth it to me. Anyway, I finally decided to research different weight loss procedures, went to my doctor to get referred and was elated when I got approved :D. I chose the RNY gastric bypass and was put on the list. But then I found out I was pregnant and a couple of weeks later I got the letter saying that I was basically close to the top of the list and was there any date that I couldn't have the surgery. So I said "yea, any time after the 30th Nov 2011". It said something along the lines of what are the reasons, etc and I said "I'm pregnant!". I thought that I'd have to wait for at least a year after I gave birth but I got a call in Jan 2012 saying they had a date for me... "Friday 30th March, is that OK?". I tried to keep calm and said "Yea, sure, that's fine. Thank you." But as soon as the coordinator hung up the phone I was screaming in my car, started crying and all-sorts. HAHA! I start my liver reduction diet tomorrow and I've chosen to do liquid-only because it's easier (I can't deal with all that weighing out and measuring of food... that's one of the main reasons I could never stick to a diet... not to mention I've been a wife and mother since I was 16 years old [I'm now 32]). I want nothing to get in the way of me having this operation and that includes me failing on this liver diet. To wait so long for something and for it not to happen, especially when it's your fault, is not a good look! Anyway, are any pre op's pooing themselves as much as I am?

Last edited:
Back