• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

put on weight

Karma67

I can't believe it...well i can as the scales are telling me ...i've somehow put on 4 lbs in a week! I'm only 13 weeks post op!
Don't honestly know how! I'm eating small amounts, as in as much as pouch allows etc, tho i have been a bit carb heavy on my meals, but 4lbs...come on! :mad:

All help advice gratefully received! HELPPPP!!!!!! :break_diet:

I can't believe it...well i can as the scales are telling me ...i've somehow put on 4 lbs in a week! I'm only 13 weeks post op!
Don't honestly know how! I'm eating small amounts, as in as much as pouch allows etc, tho i have been a bit carb heavy on my meals, but 4lbs...come on! :mad:

All help advice gratefully received! HELPPPP!!!!!! :break_diet:
Hello

Sorry to hear you have gained weight , are you drinking enough fluid and getting enough protein in .as this does slow weight loss down and try not too be so "carb heavy" on your meals as this does make all the difference. HTH

All the best - MeJulie x x

Is it totm by any chance thats the one time i find my weight can fluctuate. As Julie says fluid is really important and the more you drink the better for your weight loss. For me personally i have never found that the amount of carbs and protein make any difference to my weight loss but it can in other people. Keep a diary of your intake and try to weigh yourself just once a week! I'm sure all will be well it is a bit of trial and error until you feel confident in how to manage your new pouch xx

As Allie has said TOTM, if your not drinking enough fluids these will both make you retain water.

I don't want to sound patronising, so please forgive if this does. Think about this gain logically. What/how much did you eat before your op? Are you eating anywhere near that now?

You know the answers no, so how could you possibly have put weight on? I think I've read on a post here that you have to over eat by 3500 calories to gain a pound. You'd probably be luck to eat 3500 calories in 4/5 days, so there is no way it's a weight gain, it's water retention.

Up your fluid intake over the next few days and it will be gone.

Good luck and please don't be disheartened x

I'm with all of the above, you need to eat 3,500 cals to lose a 1lb in weight. No way you could have eaten 14,000 cals in the space of a week....

Reassess what you are eating, carb wise and also start trying to keep a log of what you are drinking and when you are drinking it (as in watch to make sure you are not interfering with the 30minutes before or after food rule)...

Am sure you will reclaim your lost lbs very soon xx

There could be any number of reasons for the "gain". Totm, constipation, water retention, time of day being weighed, scales in a different position, batteries need changing...

You get my drift, but it certainly isnt through over eating! Not unless you have overeaten by 14000 cals in the past few days.

Thanks for all your repllies x

I know in my head there is no way I could have eaten enough cals to put on 4 lbs!

Not the TOTM BUT fluids are low so i will increase them, also batteries do need changing on scales as they have been flashing lo for some time lol:eek:

Back