• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Q about after the bypass surgery :-)

wombat

Hi there:)

Haven't been posting much at all, but I have a peek time to time :D I am amazed how well all of you who had surgery doing :)

I pretty much decided that I want to go for a gastric bypass after I give birth (I decided that for me it would be better to go with the pregnancy now and have operation later, for the sake of all the nutritions for the baby).

So, now to my question. Basically I don't want just to loose weight. I want to have some muscle too, so I am hoping to excersise as well (after the surgery).
How long did it take to go back to normal after the bypass? I mean, how long did it take for the energy to return back? And how long did it take to start eating normally? (I don't mean fast food and take aways, but things like steamed veggies with some grilled meat, healthy stuff)

Hope I make some sence.... I used to love to excersise, but unfortunately I let myself go... Long ago.. And I really want to resume my fitness regime together with the effects of bypass (I used to excersise in a gym 3 to 5 times a week and that is what I am aming for.)

Any replies would be really appriciated :)
Thank you

Hello wombat :)

Congrats on the pregnancy, when are you due?

I felt comfortable exercising 2 months after the bypass, although I have been unable to do much due to my disabilities. I tried at 6 weeks and it was tooooo early. Your surgeon will guide you.

Eating, i was back to normal by 4-6 weeks. Its more about learning how to eat post op, if you can master that, then food should not be an issue. These days the only food that I can't eat is chips!

Shelbell - Thanks hun for your reply :D I am 14 (coming to 15) weeks pregnant with my 2nd :D

Congratulations on your pregnancy! And your amazing weight loss! How is your pregnancy after the bypass going? It took me quite a lot of thinking to decide what to do first - have a bypass and then get pregnant or get pregnant, finish my family and then have a bypass. I chose second due to the fact that we couldn't really wait any longer for having another child.

congrats on the baby news I was about 9/10 weeks before I started to swim again

Well I'm 9 months down the line and still struggle with energy levels, I can walk around some but not more than about 30 min's then I'm completely drained. My return to "normal" eating was about 6 1/2 months post op.

Pregnancy after bypass going fine :) All my consultants are working together and are confident that the bypass won't be an issue. Then again, I have much more significant health issues which might just make the bypass seem like nothing in comparison!

It's tricky trying to get my head around eating more, and having to eat some junk to try to up my calorie intake etc, but it's all good x

Thanks for your replies:D
Really helped :D

Shelbell - just take at easy. I actually lost some weight during first 10 weeks because I was suffering from terrible morning sickness. Just about got back to normal now :D

Back