• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Q

TurtleGal

Hey all :)

Well, I had my intake today with Ra-Medical in the Netherlands. It was a very long day, we left our house at 6:30am as there is massive traffic in the mornings between here and Amsterdam. My appointment started at 9:30am with a group session explaining the surgeries, then meetings with the dietitian etc and finally a webcam interview with the surgeon (Dr. Dillemans) in Belgium.

It was decided that I will be having a gastric bypass, which is what I had been hoping for. I will be operated on sometime around the end of January or the beginning of February. Just need to sort out a few details and then I can sit back and wait for them to let me know my surgery date!

I'm excited, and nervous, and NERVOUS!! OMG It's all getting so real now!!

You were all scared witless before you had the surgery right? I'm not alone in this feeling of mild panic and periodic second guessing of my decision? I'm sooooo nervous.

*EDIT* Ooooooh what the?!! How did I end up with only a Q for my topic!? It was supposed to say "Joining the Bypass Club!" *Wail*

Q is as good a title as any.
Congratulations on getting this far, I am having my bypass in 10 days. Nope, not in the slightest nervous!! Just excited, was walking on air last week when I got my date.
You'll be fine.

My friend has a bypass under Dr Dillemans in Belgium about 2/3 years ago.... she has done really well x x

Good luck!!! The time will fly by :) nerves are natural for many people. But you will be fine :) xxx

Hey all :)

Well, I had my intake today with Ra-Medical in the Netherlands. It was a very long day, we left our house at 6:30am as there is massive traffic in the mornings between here and Amsterdam. My appointment started at 9:30am with a group session explaining the surgeries, then meetings with the dietitian etc and finally a webcam interview with the surgeon (Dr. Dillemans) in Belgium.

It was decided that I will be having a gastric bypass, which is what I had been hoping for. I will be operated on sometime around the end of January or the beginning of February. Just need to sort out a few details and then I can sit back and wait for them to let me know my surgery date!

I'm excited, and nervous, and NERVOUS!! OMG It's all getting so real now!!

You were all scared witless before you had the surgery right? I'm not alone in this feeling of mild panic and periodic second guessing of my decision? I'm sooooo nervous.

*EDIT* Ooooooh what the?!! How did I end up with only a Q for my topic!? It was supposed to say "Joining the Bypass Club!" *Wail*
I thought the Q meant question lol

Terribly nervous and wondering if I was doing the right thing right up till the day of surgery and I really don't know how I was so calm and excited. Got to find that calm and excited all over again now. lol.

Good luck.

Love Kate x

Thanks everyone! I'm becoming more and more at ease with my decision now that I know which surgery I am going to have. I'm waiting on my date now but it may take a few weeks for me to find out. Once I know the exact day of the surgery I'm sure I'll be nervous as heck again haha

I'm glad that I will have one of the best bariatric surgeons in the world working on me, that is also comforting! Dr. Dillemans has a fantastic track record and I have all the confidence in the world in him. :)

Back