• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

QE hospital

Laura b

2011 a new begginning
Hi all
Not posted on ere for ages I'm Laura I had a gastric bypass April 16th 2011 iv lost 13stone and today iv been to see a surgeon about plastic surgery he's sent of for funding for my tummy my boobs and my legs... I'm not sure if I'll get it been looking for the criteria for my pct which is Solihull but can't find it, the only thing iv seen is that it's up to ur gp to agree u need it (which he has) so just gotta wait to hear, I had pictures taken of all areas and he told me all the info about surgery about ild have tummy tuck first and explained it, he said ild be going to QE hospital and ild have a pre op assessment then get a date for surgery ild b in between 3-5 days, just wondering if anyone else as been QE? X

hi Laura I've not been there just wanted to say well done xxx hope it goes ok for youx

Good luck on the funding Laura

Wow well done on your loss fingers crossed for your funding for plastic surgery. xx

Nice to see you Laura. Glad consultation went well and hope you get the funding sorted.
I haven't had plastics but know someone who had her tummy tuck ( following wls) at the QE. She is full of praise for the QE.I've heard lots of praise for their reconstructive work from other ,non wls people too. I've been to the QE for other stuff and they were great.If I ever manage to get funding I'd want to go to the QE.

BTW Laura, did you get referred by your GP or wls surgeon?

Could you tell me who your surgeon is please Laura - and any other recommended plastic surgeons for this type of surgery (Miss Tickle?) I did start a new thread for this but it didn't get much response. Hope you get the funding for it. It's odd isn't it how different PCTs operate so differently in terms of criteria. And annoying! x x

Sorry Samsara- I can't remember the guys name. Will try and find out for you
xx

Mr farroha is my surgeon if I get funding he seems like a nice guy xxx

any news Laura ?

Back