• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Question about Alexandra-Cheadle

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
I am having my operation at the Alexandra in Cheadle. I am taking the train up the night before my op. Can anyone tell me what the closest train station is to this hospital? Also, does this hospital allow cotton knickers to be worn?

I am going up by myself and my husband and kids will pick me up two days after my surgery.

I am having my operation at the Alexandra in Cheadle. I am taking the train up the night before my op. Can anyone tell me what the closest train station is to this hospital? Also, does this hospital allow cotton knickers to be worn?

I am going up by myself and my husband and kids will pick me up two days after my surgery.

Hi Hun

No idea about the cotton knickers, but the nearest mainline station is Stockport which is about ten or fifteen minutes away in a cab. When are you coming up chuck

Thanks so much Karlos. I am coming up on the 26th of November. I will take a cab from the train station to the hospital. I am so excited. I can barely wait!

I went into central Manchester and got a cab to and from, no hassles.
They give you paper underwear (very fetching) and a nice large theartre gown ! to be honest underwear was the last of my worries ;)

Hi , yes nearest mainline is Stockport,then a local train to didsbury but think you have to go into Manchester for that and back so might be best to get taxi from Stockport to Cheadle.

As you get into room they have big white( disposable) knickers awaiting you. a sample pot urine and a green,blue gown.

Very nice place, aporter takes you from reception to your room, but from then on its,bloods, tests, weighing,talking,etc good luck with operation i had band was only in overnight.
Mia

Thanks so much everyone. I am now just counting down the minutes until I get my surgery. I cannot wait to be a loser.

Hi I had my op in the Spire Manchester with Mr Ammori, I was allowed to keep my knickers on and YES! they were still on when I woke up LOL the only thing is they were covered in Iodine rusty coloured dye.(they must be cotton though) I bought mine from matalan £2.50 for 5 pairs cause to be honest they were binned after 4 weeks anyway they hung off me like Gandy`s nappy Ha Ha

Last edited:
This subjects come up before many times, they remove all your underwear when your on the table, so to be honest its pointless having an alternative to the paper pants, plus i found when i got out of HDU i could just rip them off (manly style ;)) have a wash and jump into my Woodland camoflage pyjamas

Besides this you have to wear tight stockings, so your gona look a right jessy anyway :D

The Alex is a nice hospital, i have the utmost respect for everyone that works there, i was treated with dignity and respect all the way through, the nurses were really great and the place has a nice feel to it.

Oh well. After birthing 3 kids, I could care less who sees my bits. :) I just want the surgery so I can start to be a loser ASAP.

Oh well. After birthing 3 kids, I could care less who sees my bits. :) I just want the surgery so I can start to be a loser ASAP.

Dont worry its gona come round soon enough........ assuming your going private as your at the Alex, then why are you waiting so long, i was in within 3 weeks, and to be honest i could have been done quicker but we had child care issues etc to sort out !
And assume as your at the Alex your having Basil Ammori do your op !

Yes, going private. I had to wait due to scheduling issues with my husband's job. He is the director on a project going live on November 1st and is working 7 days a week right now. I need him to watch our three kids. The 27th of November was the soonest he could have a few days at home. And you are right that I have Mr Ammori. I wanted the best and my husband knew he'd have to pay for him.

Hope all goes well for you. What time do you have to be at the Alex on the 27th?

Rebirth

Yes, going private. I had to wait due to scheduling issues with my husband's job. He is the director on a project going live on November 1st and is working 7 days a week right now. I need him to watch our three kids. The 27th of November was the soonest he could have a few days at home. And you are right that I have Mr Ammori. I wanted the best and my husband knew he'd have to pay for him.

Thats the great thing about private, you get to choose the date and time to have your op when it suits you.
Mr Ammori is the best ( maybe a biased opinion as i had him) your'll be in very safe capable hands, with him and his team you'll get a smooth op.

Hi Fashionably Late,
I had my op at the Alex 17 months ago. I live only 5 mins from the Alex and I am more than happy to visit if you want to have a chat and a coffee? PM me if you are interested.
The hospital is brilliant, and the staff are really good. If you have any questions, then, by all means, just ask.
Lottie
x

Thanks so much! I would love a visit when I am there. I will definitely PM you.

So pleased for you FL .... Can I be nosey and ask how much it's costing you? x
Thanks! It is costing me £10,500. Definitely a lot of money. I almost went with Mr. Patel privately at Kings Hospital in London for £8450 but even privately he had a bit of a waiting list.

Back