• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Question...

The_Muv

I am 9 months post-bypass and am starting to see my weightloss slow down quite a bit... to the point where I have only lost 3kgs in 2 months :(

I was wondering if anyone has done the Cambridge Diet after a bypass, and what their weightloss has been like on this form of diet?

Any advice or experiences would be much appreciated :)

Hia Muv,

I'm also 9 months out, and have found my weight loss although has slowed slightly, is still significant (around 10Kg a month).

What are you eating daily? My personal belief is that if you eat the right things then your weight loss can continue for as long as you need it to. Things like CD should not be necessary.

Have a look at the 5 day pouch test as well, that might be the kickstart you need to break bad habits and test your pouch. Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

hi muv how much have you lost so far and how much have you still to loose. i think shel has made some good points.
take care
carole

Hello there

i have not had any kind of operation, but have done the cd and when ur on it you lose weight and i done cd for 2 months but as "healthy" eating resumed i put it all back on , so in my opinion its a quick term fix.....and i followed a healthy eating plan afterwards, didnt go back to old eating habits.

I am sure u will hear other stories that tell u different to mine as each persons body reacts differentlty.

Good luck in your success - julie x

i am 9 months post-bypass and am starting to see my weightloss slow down quite a bit... To the point where i have only lost 3kgs in 2 months :(

i was wondering if anyone has done the cambridge diet after a bypass, and what their weightloss has been like on this form of diet?

Any advice or experiences would be much appreciated :)

CD will not work for a bypasser as you no longer have a pyloric sphincter (the tiny valve at the bottom of your stomach), instead you have a small stoma between the sectioned stomach and the upper GI ! therefore fluid will run straight through leaving you hungry within a few minutes, no liquid replacement diet will have any effect !

Weight lose will slow 6 months + post op, the key to continuing weight lose is a combination of balance healthy diet and regular exercise ! which should become a life style choice.

Back