• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help pleaseeeeeee......another PMT question

waynetta

I'm on the losers Rd.
I have been on my period now for 4wks and its really getting me down. Since my op, they have been every 2wks, very heavy and lots of large clots:( My doctor has told me its to do with my new diet & weightloss affecting my hormones.
Has anyone else had any problems like this? If so how long for. Please helpppp any advice will be greatly appreciated. It is really draining me now and really not nice:wave_cry:

Hello

i had prolonged periods (4 weeks or more) for 4 months on the trot and then they returned to normal, i had clots , bad period pains with it and everything.......i know it dont offer much comfort atm but it will settle..............trust me .

All the best -mejulie xx

Hello

i had prolonged periods (4 weeks or more) for 4 months on the trot and then they returned to normal, i had clots , bad period pains with it and everything.......i know it dont offer much comfort atm but it will settle..............trust me .

All the best -mejulie xx
Cheers mejulie, I'm hoping that they are gona improve and soon! lol. x

was told my massive mood swings were hormone related allie, and when i asked how long i had to wait it out for was told how long is a piece of string, did get some acupunture for it though so i have to wait and see how that works

Hi allie sorry can not start to relise what you are going through but I hope it sorts it out for you soon. How is your eye?

i have massive clots and very heavy bleding every month its normal for me the more clots you get the more it hurts! there are drugs they can give you to stop the clots and lighten your flow and also great painkillers especially for period pain if your bleeding is to prolonged you will need to bump up your iron intake and the dr can stop your bleeding for you but once you stop tabs you will then bleed again it may settle it may not appernetly the mirina coil is great for helping regulate things

sorry i cant really help as i am on a pill that has made my periods disapear but i can sypathise as mine used to be the same as you are describing, really hope it all settles for you soon x

Hi Allie, Sorry to hear about your problem. Does it happen after surgery aslo? I have not done surgery yet but I go through the same thing as you are going through right now. I sometimes bleed for 2/3 months non-stop. and very heavy bleeding with clots. My doc also told me its happening for hormonal inbalance and for being over weight but if it happens after surgery, then whats the point of surgery? I am shocked and confused once again.

Hi Allie,
I have just had gastric balloon fitted on 27th April. I have PCOS so very rarely have periods, especially since my weight has gone up. However, I started to bleed 2 days after and had horrendous cramps and wasn't sure if it was the balloon or period ! I bled for 7 days as you described, very heavy and clots (tmi). Dr said it was coincidental but i'm not sure if it was stress?
Last year I had a period for 5 months on and off and after continual Dr visits was told it was just my body doing it's thing and no concerns. They did however give me a smear to check for abnormalities but that was clear.
Hope everything settles down soon for you x

Hi Allie

I'm with you on this sadly! Basically I have been on my period since January (varying between very heavy or very light with constant clots but not painful) with only a small break every 4 weeks or so, usually a day or so. Been to docs, had ultrasound but seems to be weight loss related.
However....I stopped about 4 days and no sign yet so I'm just hoping that maybe everything has caught up and it's settling down again - fingers crossed anyway!
Hopefully yours will too!

Thanks everyone for your replies, the joys of being a woman ay! lol x

Hi Allie, Sorry to hear about your problem. Does it happen after surgery aslo? I have not done surgery yet but I go through the same thing as you are going through right now. I sometimes bleed for 2/3 months non-stop. and very heavy bleeding with clots. My doc also told me its happening for hormonal inbalance and for being over weight but if it happens after surgery, then whats the point of surgery? I am shocked and confused once again.
Hiya farzu, mine has only been like this since my op chucks. I have pcos, so my periods prior to the op where very light and short when they bothered to appear! Hope yours get sorted out. x

Back