• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Re pre op diet

Jonno108

Hi all, please help me with this!! Have my gastric band on Friday and been on pre op diet altho my consultant said to have 800 calories a day, I have been averaging out about 1000 - 1200 calories! How important is pre op diet?

It is important but more for liver reduction so the consultant can operate easier. Some say it is not all about the actual weight loss tho I would say they would expect some weight off. Don't worry I did have 1 or 2 blips on mine but still lost weight. Good luck with the op

Good luck with your op on Friday. The pre op diet is very important, it's only a few days left of purgatory but think of it for the greater good. You can do it, only two more days lol!!

I'll be stressing about it I'm sure when it's my turn hehe!!

It is important to reduce the size of your liver for surgery. However....most of us find it really hard!
I managed 3 days instead of 7. Better than nothing though.
Try your best!
xxx

Hi jonno, i'm on the pre op diet and although it is very hard, i'm sticking to it like glue. It's all about shrinking the liver for surgery, if it hasn't, then no op i'm afraid. I'm not even thinking about losing weight on it, this will happen automatically because of how little food we are eating. Just see it as an added bonus.
Try Try and Try to stick to your giudelines, it'll be so worth it hun x

Back