• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My fitness pal

Hannah2

Hi

Do people use my fitness pal?

I am just having a look as I have been told I should be between 600 and 800 kcal a day and 80-90g carbohydrate for my pre-op diet so I would like to monitor it if it is straightforward enough!

Do you use the free version? Or do you subscribe monthly? If so what are the advantages of subscribing?

Thanks!

I use it every day and had the free version for ages but have recently upgraded. X
What are the main advantages of upgrading? Is it easier to use?

I used to use the free version a lot but because I'm not logging my food, weighing and measuring etc I've not bothered for ages. I know it used to tell me off if I was below what it considered a reasonable amount of food too which used to annoy me more than it should have :) I could log my food on my fitbit profile I guess but the extra infor you get on MFP sounds really helpful :)

Mmmm does anyone know when you upgrade at a cost of £7.99 a month (!) do you have to sign up for a certain amount of time? I might just do it for now and the first few months after my op to monitor things - I don't want to spend out £40 for the year if I find I don't use it!

Mmmm does anyone know when you upgrade at a cost of £7.99 a month (!) do you have to sign up for a certain amount of time? I might just do it for now and the first few months after my op to monitor things - I don't want to spend out £40 for the year if I find I don't use it!
You can just cancel the direct debit it doesn't link you in xx

I used to use MFP but now use My Net Diary which is a bit less American. I had the free version for ages but now have the premium version (no subscription just a one-off payment which was low) because I like the graphs - I'm a maths teacher so I love graphs and figures. I don't have lots of time so I scan bar codes straight into My Net Diary of my most used foods and it remembers what I like. Easy to use.

I used to use MFP but now use My Net Diary which is a bit less American. I had the free version for ages but now have the premium version (no subscription just a one-off payment which was low) because I like the graphs - I'm a maths teacher so I love graphs and figures. I don't have lots of time so I scan bar codes straight into My Net Diary of my most used foods and it remembers what I like. Easy to use.
Hi Lynne, thank you! I will have a look at it. I haven't looked at any other apps, so maybe I should do that too. Cheers. H2 x

Back