• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Really struggling

kittyboo

So after two GP visits and a 'oh you'll more than fit the criteria' i got the letter saying that after clarification i dont meet the criteria for surgery.

As i had recently done a FOI request and was told that the criteria for surgery was under national review i have called the health board to try and get information on whether the 'review' is still happening or whether the criteria my gp has used is the new criteria.

Getting absolutely nowhere and i'm reluctant to keep calling the board as i get someone new each time who acts like i've asked for surgery to remove a third eye and want details about why i'm calling them!

I have recently written an e-mail to nicola sturgeon to ask for clarification on criteria and funding in scotland .. Drylaw i noticed a post in which you said you also wrote to her, did you ever get a response? if so was it favourable?

Also, has anyone ever written a letter to your GP to list all the aspects of your situation? I feel like doing this in response to my refusal letter but not sure it's the done thing?

Just feel like i'm wasting precious time by not really knowing what to do or where to go next!

Any help would be appreciated xx

Maybe try your local MP?

Good luck

Hi Kittyboo.

I wrote down a list of all the reasons I thought that I needed surgery and took it along to a consultation following refusal for funding. I then had more tests and it was found that I was borderline diabetic and had high blood pressure, amongst all the other things that I had put on my list. so this would be a good idea for you to do to show that you are more than serious about having surgery.

Good luck with your fight - don't give in Honey. I didn't!! :D xx

hi kitty boo
not sure where you are from? presume scotland maybe you can fill in the rest of your details
i did write to nicola sturgeon and no never got a reply but i never persude it which maybe i should have i think the way to go is through weight management service/dietician they control who gets put through here in scotland well at least the lothians
dont give up as i did about 5 years ago and had to start all this again 2 years ago
just write down as neeta said about why and how different things are and will be

Thanks for the replies.. i will type up a list and make another doctors appointment.

Drylaw.. i cant seem to find how to update my details but im from the highlands. . I had dietetic support around six years ago and she was truly useless, offering leaflets on how to boil an egg and how to keep your kitchen hygienic. I asked the doc if the dietitian had changed as i didn't see a point in revisiting if it was the same person and alas its the same woman as before so i kindly declined the dietician.

I will be seriously annoyed if i dont get a response from ms sturgeon as the letter was huge and i am looking for answers.

I have had no tests of any kind and feel like the GP might be a bit off with me if i ask for them but will persevere!

Thank-you guys xx

Hiya, If you don't have a response to your letter within 10 days I'd send a photocopy, with a cover note reminding her that it is a copy, you have not had a reply to your original letter and stating that you look forward to hearing from her within 10 working days.
Re the PCT, ask one person to deal with you query and arrange for them to be the person you call again, in say a weeks time, when they've had a chance to make some enquiries.
Your local councillor is also a good person to write to. Always remember to put a time scale at the bottom of the letter so it's clear you expect a reply. 10 working days is reasonable, even if you get a holding letter then to give them time look into your case.
Hope thids helps xx

Don't give up fighting, list absolutely everything wrong with you, including any operations you can have once you've lost weight.( I need one on my knee, and also to sort out my stress incontinence) These help. Lower back pain, acid reflux, high bp. Absolutely everything. All the negative effects it's having on your life carrying the weight. Also make sure they have your correct weight/height as this really affects your BMI. You may be an inch or so shorter? Make a big difference. Also when you phone and speak to someone, ask for their name and when they will be available for a follow up call. Then when you ring you can ask to speak to them again.
Good luck.

Hi

I'm at the complete opposite of the Country from yourself - i live in Essex- and i have been turned down for funding once before....I'm due to send another request in any time by the end of the year & hope to have secured funding.

It really is a hard route on the NHS but you must keep going how ever hard it becomes...you'll be jumping through hurdles but you''ll get there in the end.

Chin up hun,and show those in chharge that you NEED this.

I wish all all the luck hun

Take care

Andy x

Back