• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon Recommended clinics abroad to have balloon fitted

Lifeproject

Hi,
First post here. I hope you can help me.
I am writing on behalf of my partner as we are without internet at home at the moment and I am in the office.

She would like have a gastric balloon fitted abroad (in the UK is very expensive) but due to all the usual concerns of having it done abroad, I would like to ask for recommendations. I am bit concerned about letting go abroad to a clinic without knowing it well.

Our research shows that Prague seems to be a popular place for this sort of surgery.

Could you kindly recommend doctors/clinics with good reputations, please? And based on your experience also?

Many thanks,

T

Hi :) I'm not sure about the balloon but I had a gastric sleeve in Brussels nearly 3 weeks ago. I went on my own and they were fantastic nurses spoke good English. I was taxied everywhere and was never left waiting. Had a hotel room for 4 nites tho I only slept there twice. When I arrived at the hospital the surgeon met me at the door! I've never had that on nhs lol. I can't recommend it enough. I went there through wlsgroup and they are fantastic to.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Can I just say I had my gastric balloon fitted in prague last year. It didnt help me. Yes I lost about 5kg whilst I had it in but it didnt stop me eating propper meals after a few weeks. Now I'm getting a sleeve. In retrospect I would not have wasted £2000 doing it...

well i was thinking on having the balloon but read so many negatives about it here and abroad, so decided on the band and so glad i did, i don't even know its there, has she a lot of weight to lose? dont want to put you off but i've read about people having a balloon and then gone on to having a band a lot of expense so make sure she does her research before making a decision .
xx

I am in agreement with everyone about having the balloon its only a short term thing much better for the band or sleeve or even bypass save a while longer and go for a better option if i was you

Thanks all, I will try to reply as soon as I can.
Her BMI (I think) is 32 or 33.

I will discuss the other possibilities but her mind is already set on the balloon.
Please keep it coming.

Back