• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Recovery time

shelly c

Hi everyone.

This is one for the post oppers. How much time did you take off work for recovery?
I'm hoping to only be off for a week, is that at bit optimistic?
Thanks x

I have a mixed job a bit of desk a bit of driving a lot of meetings I was off for 6 weeks would not have been happier any earlier!!!

Oh really?! I wasn't expecting it to be that long.
I'll just have to see how things go.
Thanks x

Hi I'm a wrapper and was back at work 2 weeks after surgery. Non-physical job but I did travel from Manchester to Glasgow and back on my first day! x

I had mine done last 'summer' so I did take advantage of the nice weather, felt I wanted to be happy with my eating before I returned.

Shelly c, Lyzyanne had a bypass. I'm not sure but the recovery time may be longer for a bypass?

Hi I had a wrap just over 2 weeks ago, I do a standing job so I have taken a week off feeling better already so I think I will be ok with a week. Of course everyone is different. Hope this helps good luck.xx

I had a wrap.

Went from Manchester to Glasgow day after surgery. Don't get me wrong - that was tough. FElt ok at the time, but I was exhausted and felt pretty awful by the time we got there

On day 6, I went to Yorkshire (driven there and back as a passenger). That was ok. Tough going, but managable with a stop or two each way.

On day 7, I flew back to east anglia

On day 10, I could legally drive and was back at work.

I think to be working within 1 week is doable - but take a few more days if you can. First few days after surgery, you will want to sleep a lot. By about day 4 or 5, I started noticing rapid improvement

Back