• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Recovery

As you know Cah-ching i am pre op (but not for much longer) so cant say about your sleeping or pain... Except to say if you think you could have a senior in the afternoon (sat in the chair - i do it easily) then you really should try and do it while your body is asking for it! Also as Sam says take the calpol if it just takes the edge of then that's something that may help you rest a little easier! As for the walking just pottering around the house and a few yards to the corner of your road is absolutely fine, little steps soon turn into bigger steps... You really don't sound ready for work yet and i think another few weeks is really called for, especially considering you work so far away (the thought of that much commuting is exhausting), it will give your insides more of a chance to recover!

On the upside of your post, it seems your managing with your food quite well (which is super) so hopefully getting the protein in will help you heal a bit quicker...

Hope you're soon feeling back to your normal bubbly self and hope to see you at one of the massive meets real soon xx

hey cc , so nice to see a post from you :)

Im so sorry all the pain your in ,was it a band you had in the end ? or did you go for the bypass?..i cant give you much advice other than try to eat lots if protein as ive read it does make healing faster ,

How are you feeling other than your pain? i do hope its hopefull for the future dear cc ..

Take care of you xx

Hi folks,

Thanks again for your kind replies.

I'm in a bit of pain again. My friend took me to Asda and I bought some Calpol along with some fruit juice.

The pain is down my left side, not at the wound site but certainly around the area, like a severe muscle ache.

Going to sit down and rest now and chill. I hope that will ease things a bit. WIll also take some Calpol.

Emotionally - I'm not in a good place, but I've lots of worries ... workwise.

TTFN

I hope the emotional side eases as soon as the physical Cahching xx

Left side pain is common CC. Have some Calpol now, and then some more at bed time... might help you get a better nights rest.

As for the work/emotional stuff, let me know when you are strong enough for a catch up and we'll put the world to rights.

I can sympathise with you hun, as they say, "been there and got the T shirt". It's a smaller shirt now though :)

Hope your feeling better soon. xxx

I can sympathise with you hun, as they say, "been there and got the T shirt". It's a smaller shirt now though :)

Hope your feeling better soon. xxx

Thanks honey; pleased to hear you have a teeny tiny t-shirt - mine is still elephant size lol.

I'm still in discomfort, but I'm finding it a little better to sleep now. Taking Calpol before bed to help ease the left and side pain, I'm about to take some more, I just need to finish my smoothie. Trying to take it as easy as I can. I feel I can do things, but I know I shouldn't. It's hard to stop yourself.

I must admit, my appetite is back - but I can't eat as much as I did - I know Mr. sigursson is known for putting some fill in at the time of surgery, but I didn't think Mr. Khan did - may be I'm still swollen. However my bowels just aren't right (sorry TMI)since the op. Still struggle to fart, burp, cough n sneeze.

Gotta get ready to head out to my appointment.

Thanks

Let your body do the deciding as far as getting around goes. Our minds out do us so much letting us think we can do more than we actually can. Your body will let you know when its time for the next step in your recovery. Take it one step at a time sweetheart xxx

Back