• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi ya all homw now from having my gastrick band put in

kee28

well ill let u all know how it went .i had the opp done at 4pm monday eve . i was then woke up in recovrey at 6.45 . were felt like i had had my ribs snaped in half . so i was given loads of morphine which rilly helped then at 8pm i was taken to my ward . were i was on pain killers all night but felt so much better the next day . i then was walking about as the gas they had used to pump my belly up was hurting me a bit . so was told to walk it off and it did work . lol as i was farting and burping like no ones buissness lol :D. then i had to see the sergon just to check every thing was all fine and i was let home last night at 8pm so a late check out . but glad to be home now . im still taking some painkillers they gave me but i can say the pain is a lot better today . just had to sleep on the sofa last night as i found liying flat in bed was a no no for me . but mangd to have a gd night sleep all proped up on the sofa .im waiting for the diettision to ring me today just to tell me what i have to eat and what i carnt eat for the first 6 weeks . as she could not get round to seeing me b4 i left hos last night . but i have had some ready break today and could only eat a small amount i have no restriction as of yet so carnt wait to have my band filled in 6 weeks time so i can start my journey of losing weight but im so gald i had i done and would not give it bk ever hehehehe ill let u all know how i get on over this week x x x :)

glad to have you home kee. x

well done you
glad you are feeling better
good luck x

congratulations and well done, rest up for a while, every day gets better.

liz x

Glad the op went well, and you are home safe and well hun:D

Great you'll enjoy the next bit, losing masses of weight, I hurt lying down but try supporting your stomach with a pillow on the side of it and lower yourself on to your side, then keep the pillow supporting you stomach.:happy096:

so glad everything went well,take things easy and keep us all posted as you go along..orchid x

Congrats on getting through surgery so well & glad to hear you are home safe and sound. Take it easy & drink plenty of fluids. Keep us updated on your progress when you feel up to it!

Well done you and all good wishes for a speedy recovery.

Just a little bit of advice, you should be on liquids only at least for a few days...the band needs to settle before you try real food.

Hope all goes well.:)

Glad your safely back home Kee, I will look forward to reading about your success now, good luck chucks. x

ahh thanks all feeling a bit better 2 night but still have pain but early days yet . i spoke to the diettision today he rung me at 2pm and run throught what he wants me to do b4 i go bk in 4/6 weeks for my first fill and he said that he wants me on sloppy to soft foods for the first week to 4 weeks 4 weeks if i dont feel like triying proper foods b4 that tho . wich i find funny as i my sergon told me b4 the opp that i would have nothing at all for 24 hours only water but when i was on the ward they made me eat mash potato befor i was aloud home i was then told that i have to eat at home as well. baby food tecture stuff like soup ect . but when i read on hear alot banders was not aloud nothing so wy is mine diffrent not that i feel like food that is that is the last thing on my mind at the mo . but i was giving strong pain killers and have to eat somthing b4 i take them but bk to the dietission he said he will see when i go bk for my first fill but whtants me to have at leats tried hard food . sorry to go on a bit lol will check bk 2morro as off to bed now x x xx

Back