• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Recovery?

Eve30

Hi- still haven't worked out how to find threads on the site so sorry if this has been asked a lot. How long is the recovery after the sleeve? When can I expect to be walkin around,taking kids to park etc mainly being a mum?!!

Hi Eve,

I was fit to leave hospital after 24 hours (in fact I wanted to leave after 12 hours after poor nursing care overnight) .... I was in pain but was dampened with various pain meds i had been prescribed for the first few days.

Was fit enough to do a "mini" shop (nothing heavy) 5 days post surgery and returned to work (a full time job) 14 days after the surgery.

I would *guesstimate* you would be OK to take your kids to the park any time between day 5 and day 10 post op ..... as long as you are NOT lifting the kids -- as long as they are mobile enough to walk themselves.

If they are still in pushchairs see if you can enlist some help pushing the pushchair for the first few weeks from a friend or neighbour. You WILL probably feel strong enough to push a buggy, but should NOT do so.

(OK, i pushed a very small shopping trolley around Wilkinsons but it was *tiny* and the amount of shopping in it was *tiny* and i am a 44 year old adult and it was entirely my own risk -- I wouldn't go risking things with kids.)

We are not *supposed* to lift NOR push (trolleys or vacuum cleaners) for 6 weeks -- those are the official guidelines.

Sharonimo thank you for reply! My youngest is only 18 months and I carry her a lot so was wondering if I'd be best moving into my mum for couple of weeks..I suppose everyone feels diff but I've only ever stayed in a hosp overnight once and was traumatised by poor care..was hoping to get out sooner. My Pre op is on Friday and then it's only 2-6 weeks until my op so I've started to worry!

My youngest is only 18 months and I carry her a lot so was wondering if I'd be best moving into my mum for couple of weeks!

Go to your Mums!

If you have the option, get as much support as you can, especially with young kiddies :)

I agree with Sharimo go to mums so you can recover quicker the less you have to put on yourself for the first week or so at least

Back