• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

realistic recovery time for a mummy

lisajane34

Hi,

I have just started on my journey. Had my first appointment at Luton today.
I am a mum to a three year old and wanted to find out how relastic the recovery time was for not being able to drive and lift.
My first thoughts are I would like to have the sleeve.
Thanks
Lisa
Xx

Hi Lisa,

Welcome !
I am 2 weeks post bypass and am a mummy to a very active boisterous 3year old. Today was my first day back at work and feeling v tired. I have had lots of practical support from my mum during the last 2 weeks, she had my little one for the entire w/e of my op as I didn't want him to see me so uncomfortable. I haven't been able to lift him fully yet but can pop him on my knee now etc etc. My hubby has had to be a bit more hands on than usual as I have been dedicated to not over doing everything and setting myself back by weeks. I have literally just pottered round the house for 10days- think I needed the rest! I drove on about day 11, getting my little guy into car seat was a little bit of a challenge but it's ok now. Think recovery time will be good with a sleeve , in all honesty my main issue of feeling poorly was caused by the anaesthetic rather than the op! But not lifting and carrying is hard on the emotions!
I'm sure lots of sleevers will post to give you more insight.
Best wishes

Welcome. I am a newbie too! I too have just been to first appointment. But I'm sure some of our sleeve post oppers who will be able to answer.

Thank you for the reply and insight. I am so excited to be starting this journey and to be a healthier mummy!
I just need to get my head around practicalities, I am a planner!
Xx

Hi lisajane34,

You will most probably feel tired for a few weeks, my daughter was 4 at the time but I was lucky enough to have family around me often to help. I was back to my office job after a week.

I had my op done at Luton, do you know who your surgeon will be yet?

Katy x

Back