• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Recovery from the sleeve op

pooh71

I know this may vary, but how long after coming out of hospital after having the sleeve op does it take to start feeling 'okayish'? I know you have to take it easy, but I'm just thinking when I think I may be able to work again as I work for myself ( mainly from home)... I know recovery is very important, but I'm trying to plan ahead as to when I can tell my clients I'll be working again.

I felt ok after a couple of days really. I went back to work after nearly 2 weeks and felt fine :) If you're doing heavy lifting etc, take longer though!

Great, thanks for that. I was thinking two weeks. No heavy lifting...just sitting at a computer!

I could have gone back after 1 week but was signed off for 2, I've known people have 6 weeks off!

Suppose it all depends on you job, im a nurse work 13hr shifts on a busy ward and im thinking of taking 6 weeks minimum! Depending on how i am may even take longer.

I too was fine after a couple of days and went back to work the next week (but i do work from home in front of a computer so I guess that was no big deal!)

Hi there. I was back to doing most things (except lifting etc) from a week after discharge. I would say two weeks would be just about right. Good luck.

Thanks all, good to know. I've allowed two weeks. :)

Can't believe I'm going in on Monday after all this time! Scary but exciting. I'm more scared of the anaesthetic than anything.

Back