• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Rectal Bleeding??

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
A bit of an embarrassing subject to discuss but, I have just been to the toilet for a Bowel Movement, and noticed Blood in with my stool, not massive amounts, but it was still there. I have no pain or discomfort, so I don't think it's piles or anything, and it's only happen once, but none the less, I'm a tad worried. anyone else had this???? :eek:

Get along to your GP mate and get it checked.
I think the general rule is if it is ON the poop then it isnt as bad but if it seems to be INSIDE of the poop then worry a little more.
Get along to your GP though and check it out.
Saying that, it happened to me in the first eight weeks post op and I never got it checked so I have no room to advise.
Take care
Steph xx

I have had this a couple of times after i was constipated it only lasted a couple of days so maybe just keep an eye on it.

I have had this a couple of times after i was constipated it only lasted a couple of days so maybe just keep an eye on it.
Thanks, if it happens again, I will see my GP.

I may have an inside pile, i think because i was constipated that this aggrevated it which caused the bleeding so it maybe the same for you Kim xxx

If you're not "going" regularly every day then I suspect it is to be expected and is not too much of a problem. However, having had 2 mates (non-wls) that have had SERIOUS problems in that department, the sooner you get a problem diagnosed the better. I wouldn't wait for it to happen again, get yourself to your GP.

If the blood is bright red it is usually from near the anus but the darker the colour the higher up the bowel it is from. Do go and get checked by your gp. If it turns out to be piles though constipation they will be able to advise/prescribe the best meds for you.

I was going to say exactly the same as Samsmum, the colour of the blood is important, if it's bright red then 9 times out of 10 it is usually not a cause for concern. Get it checked though if you're worried.

Cuppa xx

My moneys on a small anal fissure or boil nothing to worry about as they heal on there own.

Bright red usually fine darker red/maroon/black and clotty then trip to doctors in order

Its bright Red, so sounds good. :)

Well it's still happening, the only good thing is that it is bright red. Sooo to the doctors I go after the BH weekend. :(

Back