• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sorry a bit of a toilet subject!!!

hopelesscase

I know all bypassers who are taking their iron suppliment will have the same black stools but do any of you have an oil slick in the toilet after having a bowel movement.
i have noticed it for the past week or so now and know the flab has got too leave the body somehow im just surprised by how much is left floating in the loo.
will i ever have a normal stool again?
hc

I have been led to believe that an oil slick in the loo is undigested fat. Your body can only cope with a certain amount of fat after a bypass so you may have been eating a little too much fat and it passes thorough undigested, although it does prove that the malabsorbtion part of your bypass is doing its job.

So the dietition told me but thankfully it has not happened to me since my bypass - yet!!

I had a couple of nasty oil slicks when I was on Xenical though - not nice and a real bugger to clean the loo :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
i dont think it is that i am sticking to the no more than 5g per 100g. mainley have fish, chicken or turkey, occasionally low fat cheese and use semi skimmed milk.
Thinking about it when i was on lipotrim i used to experianc a similar thing.
thanks for your responce though

I don't get the black problems ;) cos I'm on ferrous fumerate, which is absorbed much more easily and is therefore more effective, so doesn't end up passing through!

I had this on xenical if i eat too much fat too. It is not very nice and sticks like glue to the toilet. If your worried call your after care team. take care R x

Back