• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

had a bad 24hrs, spent an hr on toilet in morrisons!!

indianlight

Please don't read any further if your eating or sensitive...its poo again!!

I got up yesterday morning and felt ill, went to the toilet (for nearly 2 hrs)and filled it twice with blood and couldn't poo properly, I knew this would happen cos it did after my band.

My dad has been stuck in the house for weeks as hes had a knee replacement, I had promised to take him out for a walk at the beach and him and my mam for lunch, so although I felt ill was going anyway.

I got in my car and the battery died blocking a communal driveway(should have started it while I couldnt drive)I left the car and got a taxi to parents house and used their car.

We went to the beach, I couldn't walk cos i still felt shaky and my bum was hurting soo much. My parents had a walk and i got the car and drove it to morrisons, my parents were walking there but it would have been too much for my dad to do the return journey.

I got out the car and knew i had to go to toilet. i hate public loos and very rarely use them, but needs must.

After about 20 minutes my mam found me in toilet, they went and had lunch(at my insistence) and i stayed on toilet. I was shaking sweating, in absolute agony and most of all embarrased at being stuck in the toilet. The amount of people who knocked at the door was embarrassing. The cleaner came in and shut the toilets so she could clean and i had to tell her my problem (more embarrassment) but she was fab about it.

We then went home and i had apptmt at drs anyway, i felt dreadful driving and then dr was 25 mins late, i couldnt sit, i couldnt stand it was terrible!

anyway, he gave me some cream, and Movicol to keep me regular, he was going to give me senna but i'd tried senokot and i knew people on here were taking movicol.

I slept for 12 hrs last night and woke up not feeling too bad, but within 20 mins it started all over again, i then spent over an hr on toilet in agony. Then eventually managed to lie on bed(i was exhausted), I slept for an hr, then when I woke i needed to go again. I feel 'empty' now but haven't taken my movicol yet cos i'm scared it will make me go again. It's now 3.30pm and its the first time ive been able to sort of sit since yesterday and i'm exhausted.

sorry for posting this in detail but i really have been frightened and i can honestly say this whole 'piles' business is more painful than either my band or bypass...maybe that will help preoppers realise how easy the ops are...lol xx:cry:

Hun i had piles for the first time in my life 3 weeks ago and i was in agony sounded just wat u described, i went to the chemist and got some anusol suppositories and i can honestly say within using the second one i felt so much better all the pain disappeared and so did the soreness.
I was horrified at the thought of using them but i was in so much pain i did not care and they worked so well.
Am sure u could use it in conjunction with the movicol to take away any pain and soreness, as ther movicol will just help with keeping you regular but the anusol will deal with the piles.
Hope you feel better soon luv Roch xxx

oh hun. I am so sorry you have had such an awful time of it. I really really hope that you have cleared out all you need. Please don't be afraid to use the Movicol. It is an extremely gentle aid to keep you regular, which might be the best thing rather than have this horrendous build up, resulting in an even more horrendous time?
Big hugs being sent your way. Take care.
Much love. xxxxx

Bless you. I could cry for you.

I am 7 weeks post op, by-pass. I have been having the same problem with piles for weeks. I have been in tears this week. I know I am dehydrated so I have been trying hard to drink more the past 3 days and that is helping. My weight loss had stalled but since drinking more it is back on the losing side again. My piles have also improved. I hope this help you understand that you are not alone in your struggle.

I hope you feel better soon. Keep drinking!

Just want to say how awful for you , hope evrything starts to shrink in more ways than one, yes keep drinking no matter what Mia

Oh blimey, I really hope you start to feel better soon. x

Thanks everyone,

the cream has worked thankfully, i've started to take the Movicol (YUK) and i'm just waiting(in fear) for my next visit to the toilet..

I actually feel a lot better today, but am concerned as the last 2-3 days i've not eaten anywhere near enough, hopefully this won't hurt me too badly and of course I didn't drink much when I slept for almost 14 hours. I'm just hoping the pain won't be too bad and I'l be able to get back to my normal recovery...xx

Am pleased ur feeling better, fingers crossed in a few days it will be gone and the movicol should stop this happening again xx

Back