• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Reduced BMI

Wobbletogo

Likes to read
I am booked for the wrap on 24th August and am thinking about the pre-op diet. My surgeon said I need to have lost 4-5kg in the month before the diet, but losing that much will probably put my BMI just under the magic 35.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Am wondering whether I should use the next 10 days to eat loads of rubbish to increase my BMI to enable me to lose the required 4-5kgs and stay above 35...sounds a bit of a silly idea, but is there merit in it?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Will your surgeon still operate if you drop below 35?
I'd be wary of putting on enough weight to lose the recommended amount and stay above 35, the thing is even if you do drop below 35 losing the 4-5kgs there's no reason why you wouldn't put it back on and more if you didn't have your op.
Surely your surgeon knew what your weight was when he told you to lose 4-5kgs....so I wouldn't worry about dropping below 35 too much, and of course the lower your BMI, the less risk during your op.
Best of luck
Em xxxxxx

My surgeon wanted a 5% loss on an initial milk diet I could not put that back on or he wouldn't operate. The previous poster is right he must have your weight already and putting on weight will defeat the object . I don.t know why you don,t just call your provider and tell them your plan and see what they say can't see they would be too pleased though!!!!

Back