• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Delighted About Gastric Sleeve

wellington

Hi

Had appointment with consultant today, and I am delighted to say he has agreed to do a Gastric Sleeve, wanted a bypass intially but he said the Health Board wont fund it, as funding is being reduced drastically in my area to only patients with Diabetes or Sleep apneoa regardless of BMI or Other Health Issues and only 20 ops per year

He was really pleased as I have reduced my BMI from 61.3 to 48.1 with my gastric balloon and have lost 79llbs since this was inserted end Feb this year, so he agreed to do the surgery, at times I felt I had a real battle on my hands as he said he would not do surgery till I lost minimum 66llbs which at times i thought i cannot do this but really surprised myself

I am getting my balloon out next week and surgery 18th August and he wants another 5kg off my then,he said he was worried I put weight on in the 5 weeks between but I am determind to do this, as so desparetly want this

Wellington

Excellent news Wellington you have done really well with your weight loss. Good luck for the 18th August. That is the day Ihave my second appts. so big day for both of us lol.

Jay xx

Fabulous loss, Wellington! Of course, you'll lose the 5kgs before August - you're focused and you've obviously worked really well with your balloon!

You must feel so proud of yourself - congratulations!

Lx

Well done with your weight loss so far and congrats on getting your other opp date x

Well done on the 79lb loss so far thats fantastic and shows how much work you have put into losing it with the ballon, the surgeon is obviously aware of this and the pitfalls of complacency when the ballon comes out so is giving you a realistic incentive to maintain your weight loss through the loss of a further 5k. You know you can do this you have already proven it to yourself and you will go on to loss even more. A very big well done

Thats brilliant, im delighted for you.

Try sticking to WW or SW in the 5 weeks in between so you dont put on any weight

Good Luck
Kate x

:banana dancer: fantastic weight loss so far wellington! And congratulations on getting the sleeve. 5 weeks will fly by and having the goal of the surgery just ahead of you, you will do really well!
Well done xxx
Can i just say 20 operations doesnt seem very many to me, scarey isn't it! xxx

Well done on you! Such fabulous weight loss and I am so glad he agreed to do your sleeve.

Back