• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just started my pre op diet on Monday!

AngelaHelana

Hi everyone..

I started my pre op diet on Monday.. I am soooo hungry but feeling strong about it.

I've got my pre op appointment on 3rd August.. Then my surgery is 24th August.. So this is kind of pre pre pre op diet. I've gained like 10lbs since I last went to Luton as I was on a cruise in June. So I'm trying to lose that before I go back! Then from 8th August to 24th August I will be doing the liver shinkerage diet which is what I'm kind of doing now. I'm so excited about my surgery so I'm keeping myself busy. I'm allowed 4/5 pints of milk.. oxo drink and low fat jelly. What fun!

yay thank you for showing me this site! I think I'm going to enjoy it here!

Ooh me too! My op is 13th August, but had fantastic meal with friends Saturday night, so decided to start my pre op diet a week early on Sunday. Hadn't done as well as I'd hoped in the last few months so decided to have a proper last effort. So, on Day 3, feel ok, quite focused, but tired; even managed to fight temptation today when someone bought me a big slice of cake at work..have taken it home for my son to eat! Good luck, hope all goes well for you xx

thank you!! I know what you're saying! I'm doing my pre op now up until 3rd August when I have my pre op date! then I'm going out for a big dinner and will start my pre op diet again from 7th to 24th August! I've gained like 10lbs since I last saw the surgeon as I went on a cruise! So I'm being a good girl!

I am on Day 8 of 4 pint milk diet - Day 8 it sounds like I am on big brother LOL.

Not bad, and not hungry apart from head hunger, I cannot watch food related programmes anymore. I loved Dinner Date and Come Dine with Me but its a no-no at the moment.

Good luck ladies
Only one more pint before bed...

Stick with it. It will be worth it in the end. :)

hahahah i know how you feel! I'm now on day 3 and im so hungry!!!! but it will all be worth it in the end thanks for the warm welcomes!

i honestly dont know how you ladies can stomach the milk diet... you have my utmost respect.... urghhhhh I have had a milk adversion since childhood and cant even smell it without heaving.... fortunately my pre op will be a low calorie thing....
anyhows well done and congrates ...... not long now
S xxxxx

i know, the milk diet is pretty hard the first few days but after that it gets easier. i did cd for 8 months so its pretty similar to that, but im sooo hungry right now!

i guess its hard when other people around you are eating normal food, i think ill have to send my kids to their father's while im doing that lol x

It is hard, but I batch cooked a lot of hubby and with ready meals, made cooking as quick as possible. I also drink my oxo drink then, so it feels like something savory, and the smell helps mask other even nicer smells.

oh i forgot about smell's! dam ill have to go arond with a peg on my nose lol, if i just focus on what comes at the end i will be fine x

Pegged nose isn't a good look Joey darling !!!

The focus is the right attitude. People keep saying well if you can do that for two weeks you don't need an operation, but 2 weeks of milk or whatever isn't real life. Without the goal of the op, my focus would wane, and I would have stuffed up by now. The importance of the liver and the op is what is guiding me, so yes FOCUS is right.

maybe jus peg the nose round the house lmao

i think that will keep me focused because it is important for ur liver b4 u have the op xx

Hi everyone..

I started my pre op diet on Monday.. I am soooo hungry but feeling strong about it.

I've got my pre op appointment on 3rd August.. Then my surgery is 24th August.. So this is kind of pre pre pre op diet. I've gained like 10lbs since I last went to Luton as I was on a cruise in June. So I'm trying to lose that before I go back! Then from 8th August to 24th August I will be doing the liver shinkerage diet which is what I'm kind of doing now. I'm so excited about my surgery so I'm keeping myself busy. I'm allowed 4/5 pints of milk.. oxo drink and low fat jelly. What fun!

Angela, Good luck and well done getting this far. I feel I need to stress the importance of drinking extra fluids as advised in the pre-op diet sheets. It is far better to have a cathather after surgery than the need for IV fluids for days after or a re-admittance due to dehydration a week later as happened to me. I thought that the amount of milk, tea, coffee and sugar free juice was enough but it wasnt. You need to look at what you drink and if its the same as before the diet drink extra 2 litres of fluids. If its more than you drank before the diet the an extra litre each day will be fine. If I had known about this before hand I would not have had to have 4 extra bags of IV fluid to make me well enough to go home a 2nd time. Not trying to scare you but prepare you for the before and after. Hope you dont mind me telling you this. Take care xx

Angela, Good luck and well done getting this far. I feel I need to stress the importance of drinking extra fluids as advised in the pre-op diet sheets. It is far better to have a cathather after surgery than the need for IV fluids for days after or a re-admittance due to dehydration a week later as happened to me. I thought that the amount of milk, tea, coffee and sugar free juice was enough but it wasnt. You need to look at what you drink and if its the same as before the diet drink extra 2 litres of fluids. If its more than you drank before the diet the an extra litre each day will be fine. If I had known about this before hand I would not have had to have 4 extra bags of IV fluid to make me well enough to go home a 2nd time. Not trying to scare you but prepare you for the before and after. Hope you dont mind me telling you this. Take care xx

Thank you for your post, I red your dehydration warning post another day and it definitely made me to think whether I am drinking enough or not.Thank you again x

Welcome and good luck hun ur doing great on the milk diet :) not long till ur op ;) then it will all be worth it x

Back