• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

referred for wls sunderland

rachaelh

Hi all, just a quick update i received my choose and book details today and despite my gp stating i would be referred to newcastle or middlesbrough i had a look on the nhs choices website to book me an appointment and i've been referred through to sunderland as you all predicted, thought i was finally getting somewhere until i went to step 2 where it states

Clinic: Morbid Obesity(Surgery Only)-General Surgery-City Hospitals Sunderland(Sunderland Hospital)-RLN
There are currently no appointments available please try again later :cry:

and of course as i got in from work after 10pm i missed the telephone line to see if i would get any joy there, still hey ho i'll be on to them first thing in the morning!

has anyone else had this kinda response from the website or am i having an unlucky day?!?

is this a new thing to book on line ? as its new to me.

not sure liz every time i've been referred for anything my gp always advises me to use the online version but not sure how long its been on for

if you dont get no joy ring the hosp and ask for mr small's secratery as she may be able to help you.

i wonder if maybe its still bing piloted? anyways not to worry will let you know how i get on in the morning, here goes another sleepless night, i just cant seem to settle,dont know if its excitement that things or moving forward or nerves incase it all goes to pot!

rach ring sunderland directly tomorrow on 0191 5656256 u will get thro to the main switch board they will ask who u want just say u want mr small's secratary and they will put you thro, explain to her the web site wont allow you to book an app and can she help you out with this problem.

liz x

thanks liz will do

ok best way, she's the 1 to speak to regarding appointments x

Hi all

well not much joy there, I phoned the choose and book number who said thy would pass my details on and i should get some sort of response within 28 days but it wouldn't necessarily be an appointment, but she advised me to ring the hospital direct which I did was passed to appointments by the woman covering mr smalls secretary and the woman on the appointments line pretty much just shrugged me off saying no clinics were available and nothing was currently planned so i just have to wait and someone will contact me once choose and book put me on the list but no idea how long that would be, I understand i have to wait but it just seemed really mean the way she went on about it!

sorry rant over!

sorry to hear that you will have to now wait for them to contact you, it seems a new process for getting appointments, fingers crossed your wait isnt to long.

liz x

Hi Rachel

I had to ring the choose and book line as well for weight loss surgery at Sunderland.
I don't mean to dishearten you but I rang on the 21 March and I am still waiting!!
I spoke to Mr Small's secretary who put me through to appointments who said I was on a list and they were waiting for Mr Small to give them some dates so they can book people in.
So you never know we might end up being at the group meeting together. If I hear anything I will let you know

Hi i had the same thing i rang the booking line on 5th nov waited 4 weeks for my letter with app for group meeting on the 7th jan i then had my next app on the 8th april for weight loss target and have my next app for the 15th june hope this helps (if you look for first meeting i have put what gos on at both app)

oh well at least i got the ball in motion so to speak its just gonna need a little patience thats all
!!

rachael a few of the girls thats under sunderland hospital are meeting up for a coffee and a chat on sat 23rd at the metrocentre, if you would like to join us then you are more than welcome.

liz xxx

that would be lovely liz may have to work but any problems i'll let you know closer to the time much appreciated

11 months on... (sorry this is a rather long one!)

well here i am, 11 months on from my first choose and book letter to make my appointment and this is where i'm up to, had my first meeting with mr small's registrar on feb 8th 2010 and was told to lose a half a stone ready for my next clinic appointment in 6 months time (already lost nearly a stone and a half woop wooop!!) and as long as i did i'd be suitable for gastric bypass, then received a letter to tell me my next appointment would be late august, then another a few days later telling me it had been cancelled and i was to attend on 7th june instead, now this morning i have received a letter telling me to go for my pre op assessment on 21st april and i'm wondering whats going on is it normal for this pre op check to be so early on especially when my next appointment in clinic is for june so i don't have a surgery date yet? part of the reason i'm a bit confused is at the moment i'm breastfeeding (oh yep, i had a baby since this magical mystery tour all began) and i told the registrar that i wanted to carry on for as long as i could which is why he saiid not to worry as i wouldn't hear anything until at least august and as i had baby in jan that should be plenty time to finish the 6 months of breastfeeding i was hoping to do.. now my question is if i do end up getting offered anything earlier than june 19th when baby will be exactly 6 months old i'm in a bit of a pickle, as on one hand i want this op as soon as humanly possible, but on the other hand i don't want to short change the baby of the goodness she'd get from the milk ... long and short of it is what do we think the chances are that i'll be offered a date before june 19th in light of the pre op appointment?

thanks to all and sorry for the long winded post!!!!

I'd be excited that you've been invited to a pre-op assessment. Your op will be nearer than you think I expect but you will be able to tell them then that you want to be able to breastfeed for as long as possible and they will be able to tell you what will happen next.

I do know someone who has had their op within 6 months of having a baby but don't know what effect that will have had on her breast-feeding.

Good luck

Angelaxx

Back