• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Rep Comments

Mark01/05/2009

On my way................
Hi all,

Just wanted to run something by you all and especially by our new Mods and Mini...........

Would there be any way to change the rep comments box to allow people to put their comment and their name in? Or for the site to display the username of the person that has left you the comment?

Because im getting lots of lovely rep comments off people, but hardly ever know who they are and I would like to say thanks and re pay the rep power favour!

Just wondered if people like it being annoymous or if people would welcome the change?

DISCUSS ;-)

Mark xxx

I think thats basically why they are anon... it kinda defeats the purpose if people just rep back people who repped them. The whole idea of repping is to recognise a good post, not just to rep your friends etc :)

I see that point but doesnt a pop up box come up when we give someone rep points encouraging us to return the favour?

Im in :) I can only guess :D

When I rep people I tend to add my name ..eg
"great post, good support......alibalibee x"
Made a few new friends by doing it that way :)
x

I see that point but doesnt a pop up box come up when we give someone rep points encouraging us to return the favour?

Yes but if you see a good comment/post.... not just to say thanks for my rep ;)

I hear you Mark, I too am a rep tart - and love it when I get lovely rep comments, but I too get frustrated when the person giving me the lovely feedback doesnt leave their name.

However, I also agree with Starlight - if used properly, you should only be repping someone when you think their post is a good one, and likewise, your better posts should be the ones you are receiving rep for. It isnt something to be used amongst friends

If people wish to rep anonymously then they should be allowed to. I always leave my name if I rep someone. Not because I want to be repped back - but because I think the recipient would like to know who it is that is agreeing with them.

The thanks button we have is not anonymous, and you can click on your thanked posts to see who has thanked you.

I know that SL and wasnt suggesting people do it in that way - just thought it would be nice to know who likes what your posting etc

SL - Star Light ;-) Im getting lazy with my typing :=)

I agree that it should be left as it, the whole idea of rep points is to rep someone who has said something good and not just because they have rep'd you. Although you don't do it Mark there are people who have done, and would do. it is frustrating but it should remain that it works both ways, well in my opinion anyway;)

I agree with Mark. Does it really matter if someone gets rep points unnecessarily? I wouldn't do it but think by looking at all your rep comments you can see who has a similar point of view to yourself. I wouldn't rep for the sake of it, but i would like to see if anyone was agreeing in this way to me.... But then i can be the other way, i'd also like a disagree button like the rep button but for if we disagree but don't particularly want to post a negative response.....

Just a thought :)

There was a while where Repping was getting silly. People were so intent on getting stars they were repping everyone to get reps back and get stars. It just totally spoiled the whole reason rep was introduced

There was a while where Repping was getting silly. People were so intent on getting stars they were repping everyone to get reps back and get stars. It just totally spoiled the whole reason rep was introduced

Didn't this cause problems for the site by memory and Pierce had to look at the whole rep points thing a while back?

It did indeed. There were threads where people were touting for rep lol Hes changed it now to bronze, silver and gold so it takes much much longer to get a star

Back