• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Muttley1900

Recently I received notification that I had received some positive Reputation from someone on these forums.

When I go to my user control panel I can see both the lovely comment the person left for me and a link to my post which the comment refers to. But then I'm stumped as I don't seem to be able to see who this very generous person was who left both the positive reputation score and such a lovely comment.

Am I missing an obvious link/button or some such gadget that lets me see the posters forum I.d?

it doesn't show who has left reputation comments -think that is a board setting rather than a personal option :)

The person can include their name in the comments but its a personal choice. Its lovely to get nice comments :D

Good for you Muttley :) Ooo whilst we are talking reputation. Can I ask, do you to get a certain amount before it shows on your profile? I've had a few lovely comments from people but only one ever showed up under name when posting (as in a little extra green box). Is that normal? I've always been curious and being meaning to check how it works :) x

The higher score the person giving you the rep has the more you recieve.

People dont tend to use it as much now we have like and thanks options but its nice when they do!

so is there any reason that if I try to send reputation messages I keep getting a message saying I need to spread it around before giving that person reputation even if I've not left it for them before or that they weren't the last person I left it for?

Oh I see. When I got a little box it was from someone with a high reputation so it makes sense. Ah it's shame people don't use it as much as it is nice to give and receive nice comments :) x

so is there any reason that if I try to send reputation messages I keep getting a message saying I need to spread it around before giving that person reputation

Very strange. In my day, it was because I spread it around that I got a reputation. How things change...

Edit: but, what I think it is trying to say to you is that it was that person who has given you "rep" and you shouldn't give some back to them just yet. I suppose a blunt tool to stop buddies constantly giving each other good rep (even if deserved).

Last edited:
yes I read that :) and thats why I queried it as I went to send a reputation comment to you Mazza and to someone I've never sent a repuation comment to and it says I can't .. .so if its only once a day . . .then somethings not working right lol

and I've just tried to send one to you today and Im still getting that same message even though I've not sent any reputation comments to you . . .so it seems that its not resetting or something isn't right . . :)

Thank you :)

I knew it wouldn't let me send it to one person as I did send them rep, so tried other people who had responded in the thread and it wouldn't go through to them either LOL

The bizarre comings and goings of vbulletin lol

I mod on a couple of other boards and we turned off the "points" so it no longer has reputation points attached to those comments but can be used to send support and that works quite well too,

Back