• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

'return to slender' lamb tagine ....... the result !! and recipe :D

deeby

hi all
Just to let you know im trying this recipe out tonight so ill let you know what its like ;) xx
(im also using my friend as a guinea pig so you'll get two opinions !)
xxx

Last edited:
It sounds lovely Dawn... keep us posted Angel xxx

I just ordered return to slender on Amazon, should arrive tomorrow, can't wait to get cooking

OH MY GOD !!!!!! delicious, delovely, debootiful :D :D D:

this is such a lovely recipe i must highly recommend it ! my friend thought so too, i think when i told her i was using her as a guinea pig with a bariatric recipe she was secretly dreading what i would be making her eat but she absolutely loved it !!

i threw in a small handful of sultanas into the tagine and served it with some roasted squash stirred into some spicy veg cous cous mmmmm

It was sooooo lovely that i ate too much and felt uncomfortable for about an hour :S my own fault !! but it was too nice !
xxx

ofcourse :D

LAMB TAGINE
1 tsp each of ground ginger,ground coriander and turmeric.
500g diced lean lamb
fry light low fat cooking spray
1 onion ,chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
400g can chopped tomatoes
100g soft dried apricots , halved
300ml vegetable stock
2 tbsp soy sauce
salt and freshly ground black pepper
(I also added small handful of sultanas)

1 ) preheat oven to 150/gas mark 2
2 ) mix ginger, coriander and turmeric in a dish. Add lamb and toss to mix. Leave to marinade for at least 30 mins
3 ) spray a large non stick pan with fry light. Add the lamb, in batches, and fry over a high heat until browned. Transfer to a tagine or casserole dish.
4 ) Lower the heat, add onion and cook gently for 5 mins. Add garlic and carrots and cook for 2 mins.
5 ) Add the tomatoes, apricots, stock, soy sauce and s&p. (and sultanas if wanted ?). Bring to the boil, pour over the lamb, cover and cook for about 2 hours until tender. Serve with cous cous if liked. ( i diced some squash and roasted it and stirred into the cous cous )

calories : 285
protein : 34.4g
carbohydrate : 23.8g
fat : 5.8g

serves 4
wls portion : 1/2

xxx

I haven't tried any recipes yet, but now I have the go-ahead to try anything, I shall be trying that. Thanks so much for trying it out for us!

Excellent. I will try that when I get to that stage.

tranquil

yes !! you must its lush :D xxx

I haven't tried any recipes yet, but now I have the go-ahead to try anything, I shall be trying that. Thanks so much for trying it out for us!

:D no worries charis its lovely ! xxx

Shame I dont like lamb as that sounds nice, think I skipped that page in my book when I saw the word lamb lol

ZNS !!! theres a chicken option or veg option :
Go back and have a look as i bet its lovely with the chicken hun :D xxx

Well done Dawn, that is brilliant... I shall be testing this one out for sure.. hope you are well Angel and keep us posted of any recipes...

Loving hugs xxx

Well done Dawn, that is brilliant... I shall be testing this one out for sure.. hope you are well Angel and keep us posted of any recipes...

Loving hugs xxx

Thanks bev, im great thanks hope your getting back on your feet xx xxx

Reactions: Bev
OMW that is RIGHT up my street! I love food (originally put Moroccan food, but who am I trying to kid ;))

OMW that is RIGHT up my street! I love food (originally put Moroccan food, but who am I trying to kid ;))

Me too !! and its bloomin lovely dell :D give it a go and let me know what you think xx

OOO Dawn that sound delicious!! not had op yet....I'm on slimming world until op.....I'm gonna give this one a go it sounds fab....thanks so much for recipe xx

Back