• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Scar healing time?

fbscpa

Hi Guys,

Just wondering how long peoples scars took to begin to fade? Mine are still pretty red and prominent so it got me thinking about this today!

Still got mine 9 months post op! They look small, but are still pinkish-red and one is raised. I don't mind them though, as they remind me of how far I've come:)

12 weeks on Tuesday and this is the most prominent one left, but I'm a bypasser.

Attachments

• image-2807628227.jpg
    image-2807628227.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 45
mine faded quite quickly. Now at 17 months I have no scars at all. Although this us likely to change in the near future if the investigations show my band is leaking as they will have to go back in :-/

Hmmm seems they can take some time to fade then, I haven't notice any changes in mine since they healed over - still very red and prominent. I've been using a silicone based cream on them but doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

I've had mine opened up three times within 10 months for gastric band fitting, gastric band port release, recycled for bypass and they have healed up really well. They've just all been moved down 15cm in an Abdominoplasty and they still look good. They were last opened up in May and are on the point of turning white now. They have also shrunk as I shrank.

The nurse who removed my staples told me to use bio oil on the scars after showers/ baths. Tbh im not too bothered about them....I dont think ill ever wear a bikini haha!! Xxx

Back