• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Second appointment to ps

ToxicSiren

Hi im wondering if anyone can help me please. Ive searched the internet with no answers so looking for anyone who has any experience.

Im seeing my ps for the second time next week as have already seen him in Jan and had funding secured in feb. All i was told last time is if i get funding he wants to see my again to talk about the op in full. Any one have experience with a second visit? Will i get my pre opp assessment separate to this and when will i be given the go ahead/date? I know ive only got 8 days till i see him but my nerves at shot lol. Any help would be so good right now. Thanks xxx

Could you phone his secretary and ask what to expect? Make out you are wanting to make sure you don't need to take any info with you...

Good luck. I'm sure it will be fine but I'm like you, I want to know what to expect. :)

I saw mine 3 times in all,

He was at the very first appointment with the dietician and nurse just to introduce himself and let me know the options available
And how the surgery is allocated to people from their meetings
He said he needed to see that my heart was in it and wanted me to prove commitment by loosing some weight, he also asked about my normal diet(how it used to be) and I was honest with him.
I then went away and saw him following seeing my dietician and having lost 23 lb in a month, he again went through my options and discussed pros and cons of each procedure. At this point he told me he was going to put my name forward for the next months place, I then hada letter through post saying surgery on 21st may, then last week I went for pre op, and saw him and my dietician again to go through pre diet info, I wouldn't worry to much, where are you having your surgery? Xxc

Thanks for that hun. Ive not had to see a dietitian through out this process so not sure if ill have to or not? I saw ps in January for first time after my gp referred me. The ps took a good look at my tummy and said he would be happy to help so long as i got funding. 4 weeks later my gp called me to say funding had been secured an my ps wanted to see me again but first available appointment was 8 weeks later. All was told is ps wants to talk about the op in full. The ps alsp asked me to lose some more weight and try get to 10st for better results. Unfortunately ive only been able to get to 10st 12lbs as really struggling to lose much more :cry: Im just hoping he wont send me away till ive lost it all. Still dont know anything about surgery dates yet either.
Im having my surgery in Leeds but not sure where could be LGI or nuffields :)

Last edited:
Back