• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS mini tummy tuck

ToxicSiren

Hi all im Lindsey and im new around here :)

Im looking for anyone who can offer any info or experiences please on tummy tucks or mini tummy tucks/apronectomy.

I have so far been referred by my GP to see a PS on Thursday. So really im looking for anyone who can help who has maybe done this already or any info that could help. Im pretty sure once i have seen a PS i will be turned down by PCT :( If anyone has any info or success stories i would love to hear them :D

A little bit about me that may help.

My name is Lindsey and im 28 years old. My start weight was 14st 10lbs and my current weight is around 11st 6lbs. I have lost this myself through better eating.
In the last 5 years i have had 2 c sections due to very large babies one at 9lb 14oz and one born early at 9lb 4oz. I only have a tiny 5ft 1 frame so carried very large. After my first c section i was left with a huge apron and after my second c section this was only made worse :(

No matter how much i diet or exercise the pooch gets no smaller.

My GP has referred me on medical grounds due to daily back ache and irritation under my fold. Hot weather makes it much worse too...yak.

I am trying to stay positive about seeing the PS but as i said im sure PCT will just turn it down.

If anyone can help with any info id be very grateful :help2:

Thanks everyone :D

Hi

Have you tried googling your pct's criteria for funding?

The sort of thing you could be up against are, they will require you to have a healthy weight BMI, ie upto 25 and have maintained for some time.

Good luck x

Well i went to see my ps this morning and he has agreed i need a full tummy tuck as a mini one would do nothing for me.:D All i have to do is get down to 10st and he will put in for the funding. Now i just have to work my ass off and get the weight down so im keeping everything crossed now and trying to look hopeful. :)

Hi

The rules for NHS plastics funding seems to change daily, it used to be that you had to have lost at least 4 stone, then when they started paying for WLS it changed to if you paid for your own WLS they would fund plastics but not both.

Your GP should be able to find out the finding rules with your PCT.

Paul

Well guys ive been to see my ps and he was very nice. He said he could definitely help me but said i would need a full tummy tuck as a mini one would do nothing for me. I was told i need to get down to 10st first so another 1st 9lbs to go. Once i reach this point he said he will put in a funding request for exceptional circumstances. :) Now i just really need to try and lose this but struggling to get any lower :(

Any tips would be greatly received :)

Oh wow - can I ask what he is going to put down as exceptional circumstances? Is it the back ache and fold irritation? What area/PCT are you?

Good luck with your continued weight loss. I'm sure you'll get there with your track record and with the tummy tuck as an incentive ;) x

Hi :D My exceptional circumstances are daily back ache, infections and rashes under my huge fold and the fact i have a wear a sanitary towel under my fold to collect any moister that could cause higher infection rate. :yuk:

Ive had 2 c sections and my stomach just literally dropped straight after then double dropped after my second.

It really does not help me that i even catch my own stomach in my zipper :(

Im from Leeds so i presume we have a local pct but not been told much info really. Im just praying i will get funding after working so hard to lose the weight. xxx

Oh you poor thing :( I'm still pre-op so I have the loose skin and fold infections and whatever else bariatric surgery brings to look forward to :cry: It all sounds very positive re your funding. Fingers crossed for you :) x x x

Well i said i would keep you guys posted on any news and ive just had the best news in the world! My surgeon and GP wrote to my local PCT and ive been granted funding for a full tummy tuck on NHS due to exceptional circumstances :D. Im so happy i could cry! I go to see my plastic surgeon again on the 16th of May to discuss the opp in full and finally get put on the waiting list for my tummy tuck. 5 years ive been waiting and fighting for this so at mo still seems like a dream! Will keep you all posted once i find out any more and could even do a tummy tuck diary if anyone would be interested. :D For anyone going through this keep fighting, there is help out there xxx

That is fantastic news and worth the fight :D Good for you. Yes please to tummy tuck diary including before and after pics and your rating for the surgeon - who are you going to? x x x

Many thanks hun:D

Ill be seeing Dr D Thornton at Leeds LGI for my surgery. He also works for Spire health care and i was told he mirrors his private work on his NHS patients so i will be very pleased with the results x

Congratulations that's fantastic news and bikinis all round next year!!! Yes please to the diary, I am very interested to see how you get on x

Thanks hun! Yer will deffo do a diary then as would love to show you all that dreams can come true even when you least expect them to :D x

Back