• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Second day of pre-op diet

Tobi

Hi all :)

As i was getting paranoid about the amount of weight i needed to lose before the op so we agreed with my patient coordinator at THG to do the milk diet for 3 weeks instead of 2 weeks as originally planned. For my peace of mind, I don't mind at all.

I'm allowed the following:

3 pints of semi skimmed milk (not skimmed as apparently I need the soluble fat)
4-6 diet yogurts (muller light or weightwatchers)
Up to 3 slim fast shakes
1 oxo cube (if on milk only)

I'm confused about a couple of things:

If I'm having slim fast shakes, 3 ready made bottles of these make less than 3 pints in total - do I top up with milk to 3 pints in total? Or am I only allowed the sachets to mix with my 3 pints?

Oxo only if I'm not having slim fast I assume?

And the last and most important question is... Will this bloody headache go away at some point??!

I've cut carbs 8 days ago already so I'm hoping it's because of ketosis but it's making my life so hard at the moment :(

Thanks in advance for your comments! X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I certainly hope so :) I'm too dizzy to care at the moment and the headache is killing me... But yeah, need to keep focused, this will pass I'm sure. At least I'm not hungry.

Hope you're doing well with yours - best of luck and patience! X

I'm doing he milk diet at the moment - on day 7 and thank god didn't suffer with the dreaded headache not sure if its because I'm drinking 4,pints of water a day or if I as just lucky?

Lucky! And I'm sure water helped too. I felt better after a pint of water tonight and the oxo cube, probably cos of the salt.

Good luck with the rest of your pre-op diet. How much longer?

Tobi x

Tobi said:
Lucky! And I'm sure water helped too. I felt better after a pint of water tonight and the oxo cube, probably cos of the salt.

Good luck with the rest of your pre-op diet. How much longer?

Tobi x

Today is my last day in Dolan Park tomorrow x

Keep drinking the water really helps with the headaches and the hunger but be prepared to pee every 10 mins lol x

Well done with your pre-op diet and best of luck tomorrow! Let us know how it went :)) xxx

Headache was gone in the evening yesterday to mu huge relief and I did drink lots of water!

Back