• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Selling on Ebay...

farzu

Anyone selling any stuffs on ebay?

i have lots of cloths of various sizes that i bought but never really used it. Some have been worn only once and some have not been used at all. The problem is there are no tags as i remove then as soon as i buy them. I have tried to sell my laptop on ebay but only got the dodgy buyers who never paid. need some advice on how do you ship the items and where do you get the packaging etc.

Any ideas will very helpfull. Thanks

Hi ya,

Im a regular seller on ebay. Becareful though as there are many dodgy people about.

I always insist on payment by Paypal straight after the auction ends. The packaging can be purchased from a local post office etc.

If you need anymore help, feel free to message me.

Anyone selling any stuffs on ebay?

i have lots of cloths of various sizes that i bought but never really used it. Some have been worn only once and some have not been used at all. The problem is there are no tags as i remove then as soon as i buy them. I have tried to sell my laptop on ebay but only got the dodgy buyers who never paid. need some advice on how do you ship the items and where do you get the packaging etc.

Any ideas will very helpfull. Thanks

I'm a big ebayer
You really need to be careful when selling mobile phones and laptops on ebay I would find an ebay trading assistant to sell those items until you are aware of all the cons that can happen.

Always post items out by recorded mail (I use 2nd class recorded all the time)

I buy posting bags off ebay (they make packing up your items so much faster and less of a chore) and are cheaper from ebay than the shops or post office

The best payment method is paypal.

Don't ever post an item until your buyer has paid.

I always let people collect (but I always have someone else in the house or on the phone when they are collecting)
I also offer delivery for big or heavy items (because i have a large people carrier) and charge a delivery charge (petrol doesn't come cheap)
If people want to collect or I deliver. ALWAY accept CASH ONLY (there is a scam which will leave you without the item and no payment :mad:)

Hope that helps

If you want to know anything else. I will help you if I can just ask

Hi, I sell a lot on ebay and have had very few problems - even selling expensive items of between £100 and £250. So long as you say it is new without tags or hardly worn then you should get plenty of interest and hopefully make some money.

Its inconvenient if someone doesn't pay but so long as you don't dispatch the item then its not so bad and ebay will refund the final value fee. Always get payment via paypal where possible but checks are good too - just make sure the money clears before you dispatch.

There are lots of companies selling packing items on ebay and they're much cheaper than the post office.

There is a postage calculator on the post office website which tells you how much the item will cost to send but don't forget to weigh the packaging too.

I enjoy selling on ebay and have made quite a bit of cash from it so just have fun x

Hi I have sold on ebay for 11 years and the best bit of advice I can give is be ultra honest in your descriptions. With clothes it is often useful to add measurements as well as the size as we all know sizes differ.

Also take good pictures. If you are familiar with photobucket you can up load your photo's there and then embed them for free in your description.

Last piece of advice is watch your ebay charges, as many new sellers get carried away with adding extra's. Don't bother with all the flashy additions like bold and subtitles just to sell a few cheaper end items.

Back