• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

should there be any difference...

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
...now that I am starting Ferrous Fumerate when I have always taken Ferrous Sulphate?
I realise that the latter is sugar coated and the Fumerate isnt, but should I notice any difference in effect on me?
I have taken Sulphate since the op but my GP did a medication review and said that she was moving me to Fumerate as it is a cheaper medicine (my surgery runs their practice more like a business than a medical place!!!).
So I had to finish off the Sulphate and I have now got the Fumerate and am wondering is there any differences?
The bottle it has come in is an old style glass bottle with no advice booklet so I dont really know much about it.
I realise that both meds are iron and that bit is fine, Im just curious if they have any differences.
Thanks in advance xx
Steph xx

Hi Stephie

If I ever get meds without an instruction leaflet I always google it. There are loads of sites that give you all the info on meds.

Oh Ill be googling it for sure but I like to get the views of those in the know and who better than folks that are on it.:)
Thanks for the reply xxx
Steph xx

Thanks for the reply xx
I just researched it noticed that a side effect of iron supplements can be nausea, which explains a lot as I have been getting quite a bit of that lately and wondered why (a pregnancy test said that it wasnt that!!!) so that might it explain that bit. Not a whole lot I can do about that though I guess, I have to have iron, though maybe the Fumerate will make the nausea less, maybe it was a Sulphate thing.
Hhhhmmmmmmmm
Steph xx

Thanks guys xx
I will give it a few weeks to kick in to see if the new one stops the nausea, if not then I will call my team and ask for their advice.
Thanks again xxx
Steph xx

Back