• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post Op Medications?

OOnion

There seems to be a huge variation of what some of us are put on post op... I have been told that I have to take the following for life; is anyone else on this much - no wonder I am not hungry I am full of tablets!

Breakfast: Omeprazole 20mg, Multi vit, Calcichew
Lunch: Ferrous Sulphate 200mg and Zinc
Dinner: Ferrous Sulphate 200mg and Zinc
Bed Time: Ferrous Sulphate 200mg and Zinc , Calcichew and Ursodeox' 7mls (only for 6 months to stop Gall stones)

I was not deficient in any of my Vitamins, Minerals, Hb or Ferritin per op.

Is everyone else on this much medications per day?
Can't work out if this is just because I ended up private, as I do remember when I had my band put in - I did not have to inject any Clexane post op and the chap next to me who was private and had to infect for 6 weeks post op.:confused::confused:

Would love to hear what every one else's Aperitifs are? Thanks

I take 1 iron tablet, high strength a-z multi vits, calcium tablet 2 times a day, 1 lansoprazole 30mg a day before food, finished my anti gallstone tablets but i have to take antihistamines everyday which is the norm for me, I think it does vary from one hospital to another.Oh then theres the 3 monthly vitb jab xx

Hi

I take a Multi Vit, Lansoprazole Fastab (for the first eight weeks) Dipyridamole (Because I had a minor stroke), Finasteride (For Enlarged Prostate), Losartan (For High BP), and Amitriptyline (For Nurve damage after poping a couple of discs) and thats it.

Post op I had to self inject with a blood thinner for 2 weeks.

Post surgery I have stopped Metformin (I was told I no longer need that) and ZoMorph (Still need it but can't take it post surgery as it always gets stuck.

Thats what I take and I had a bypass 4 weeks ago.

Paul

Back