• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sick note?

vixiebell

ok well to be honest i'm very upset and depressed atm i got a phone call from work monday morning saying i wont be paid this month as my sick note isnt acceptable :O. the only appointment i could get with my gp was last fri so i went got my note and took it straight up work as our cut off day for pay day is saturday. well personel who phoned me said coz my gp signed it for the 6th it would only count from then til the 23rd which is when i have been advised to go back. then she proceded to tell me the cut off date is now a thursday and that i should of got a sick note from the hospital? I just don't know what to do i have rent to pay, wedding to pay by 30th and bills to pay by 25th, i asked my manager and she cant do anything to help. Did any of you guys have a sick note from the hospital?

I know it's not quite the same but when I had an op on my knee I was asked when I came round if I needed a sick note. I didn't as I was already covered by one but they would have given me one. I'm sure they should have offered you one after your proceedure. I hope you get it sorted soon and I hope your recovery is quick and not too painful x

i didnt get sick note from hospital as the first week is covered on a self-certified...but im sure if you ask your doc he will give you a note to confirm your sickness before this date..why dont you ring tomorrow and ask..nothing to lose x

i didnt get sick note from hospital as the first week is covered on a self-certified...but im sure if you ask your doc he will give you a note to confirm your sickness before this date..why dont you ring tomorrow and ask..nothing to lose x

I agree with this totally....give them a call..xx

Agreed go talk to your GP again, i know its no concellation for recieving the money late but if you know you have it coming in you can promise to pay the rent as soon as you recieve it ect.

Walsall manor gave me a sick not dated 1st jan which was the day I went in and it was for 4 weeks then had another one when that 1st one ran out for a further 6 weeks Had no problems at all

yea speek to your doctor they can give you a pink sicknote this is a backdated one .... they should give you one from what everdate you went in to hospital ...... its the law

Walsall manor gave me a sick not dated 1st jan which was the day I went in and it was for 4 weeks then had another one when that 1st one ran out for a further 6 weeks Had no problems at all

Teen did you have to ask for your sicknote at hospital or did they just give it to you? Is it 4 weeks they give you automatically? ( I hope so as someone said its 6 weeks automatically)

yeah the doctors can backdate sick notes. Mine used to do it all the time for me when i was working and couldnt get an appointment in time.

Teen did you have to ask for your sicknote at hospital or did they just give it to you? Is it 4 weeks they give you automatically? ( I hope so as someone said its 6 weeks automatically)

they asked me if I needed one I said yes they did it for 2 weeks. Them Miss Heitmann asked if they had done me one I said yes for 2 week and she said that aint long enough and did me a new one for 4 weeks

But if you ask they will do you one make sure its dated the day you go in if you go in before your op date

Thanks Teen x

I needed a sick note from my surgeon and they wrote one out for my after I had had my op. The problem was it was all done on Dolan Park headed paper etc. Well I didn't want my employers knowing what op I had done but Dolan Park scrawled all over it is a dead giveaway! I had to go to my own doctors and pretend they hadn't done me one lol. I expected the sick note from the surgeon to be the same as you get from the doctors but it is more like a letter which I was really disapointed with.

ah hope you get it sorted...its not nice not knowing where the money will come from....but hopefully you will get it back dated..xx

Back